Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, a while ago, Niner did this thing were they gave away something for a great picture...frame or wheels, I forget. Anyways, Salsa (Jason), if you'd like to do the same thing, I have the winning picture. The light hit the bike just right!!:thumbsup:

I'd be happy to let you know my mailing address for shipment of the new frame/wheels, just MP me;)

Attachments

G

·
oh man... you guys might have opened a can of worms with that one. i can just see allison rifling through hundreds of pictures of her Dos right now trying to find one to top yours... :)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Bobby Buckle

Ok, I usually don't jump in when challenged directly, but it's 5:00AM and I'm not thinking clearly. That's a nice photo. Looks like Tucson.

Up for grabs? Bobby Buckle

Photo must me submitted on this thread or on the same thread in the Salsa forum. May 1st...or so deadline.

Jason

·
i heart singletrack
1,553 Posts
Salsa Cycles said:
Ok, I usually don't jump in when challenged directly, but it's 5:00AM and I'm not thinking clearly. That's a nice photo. Looks like Tucson.

Up for grabs? Bobby Buckle

Jason
I'm taking myself out of the running for the Bobby Buckle, but wanted to share a couple of shots of my Salsas, both stationary and in-action.

Here are shots of my El Mariachi... I'll follow with Dos Niner pics. I like green bikes!

Cheers,
MG

Attachments

·
i heart singletrack
1,553 Posts
mgersib said:
I'll follow with Dos Niner pics.

Cheers,
MG
And here are some Dos Niner shots... One of them is my 2005 Dos -- the rest are my '06.

Attachments

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
mgersib said:
And here are some Dos Niner shots... One of them is my 2005 Dos -- the rest are my '06.
Matt, you need to get a shot in the air with a nice backdrop on your Dos wearing a bikini and holding a beer in one hand.:thumbsup: Maybe wait until the leaves come out and the temps rise a little bit.:D You know, some kind of shot that challenges those Marzocchi girls and the Interbike chicks.

BB

·
i heart singletrack
1,553 Posts
BruceBrown said:
Matt, you need to get a shot in the air with a nice backdrop on your Dos wearing a bikini and holding a beer in one hand.:thumbsup: Maybe wait until the leaves come out and the temps rise a little bit.:D You know, some kind of shot that challenges those Marzocchi girls and the Interbike chicks.

BB
Now that's funny! I knew we'd hear from you at some point. You're probably just warming up your 'submit' button on a boatload of awesome Dos Niner shots, aren't you?!

But seriously, I think that at some point this season, we'll get that magical mix of bikes, beer and beautiful babes you're talking about. It'll happen... and when it does, I'll post it here!

Hope you had a great weekend Bruce.

Cheers,
MG

·
SALSAFIED endurance racer
498 Posts
Hi MG,

great pics - great bikes - I love those old XT brake levers from 98 or 99 but which cranks do you use on the Dos they are from Race Face but are those Evolve or Deus XC ???

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Killer shots, all!! I guess I'll add a few of my own :D

I have a ton of token handlebar shots, but clearly need more action shots of me on my bike ;)

·
i heart singletrack
1,553 Posts
realbiker said:
Hi MG,

great pics - great bikes - I love those old XT brake levers from 98 or 99 but which cranks do you use on the Dos they are from Race Face but are those Evolve or Deus XC ???
Hey realbiker -- Thanks for the message. Those are Evolve XC cranks on my Dos, running with a DuraAce bottom bracket. They'll be replaced by a new crank in May (likely a Deore XT). We ended up getting a decent tax return, so I'm going to go ahead and spend a little extra for the XTs.

I like the Evolve cranks... for the price they perform very nicely and are reasonably lightweight.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts