Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy (American from the West),

I'll be in the Picton area for a few days on a business trip in late February. I won't be bringing my bike since time is too short, but i might bring my helmet and shoes. Are there any decent bikes to rent and any ideas for some fun riding?

Cheers

·
nothing to see here
3,279 Posts
Had to google to find where Picton is. Sorry, I'm not local to there. Good luck and enjoy your stay.

Try searching for local bike shops for somewhere to start.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crank,

Not to worry. I would like to get a ride in while I'm there. It's been cold and snowy in Fruita, Colorado, not ideal for riding. Skiing has been really good though.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You can hire bikes in Picton at 2 of the Water Taxi businesses who can also take you out to the Queen Charlotte Walkway, I think Picton Water Taxi's had a couple of Cannondale Rizes in the window.

Riding in Blenheim is fairly limited, with a small area behind the town having a few tracks on the farmland, or there are tracks 20-30mins drive for a bit more single track.

What dates are you here and what type of tracks are you looking for? Can possibly help organise a ride after work with a few guys, or weekends (XC or DH)

Dave

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sorry, having a brain freeze:rolleyes: , I'll be in Queenstown doing Gondola runs on the bike:thumbsup:

The Queen Charlotte Walkway is a great track, well worth the ride, and you get great views. You can organise with the Water Taxi's for different drop off/pick up points.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.