Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
by the time me and boys had got up and were ready to hit the trails it was about 10:30...

we first started off going straight to our newest and definatly our best DH trail...its very dense bush on the side of the mountain that runs into and along side a valley...its covered in thousands of old vocanic rocks just sticking up out of no where and is one of the nicest places to just sit on a huge rock and look out and just take every thing all in...its a wicked place...anyway coz its so steep i couldnt get more than one pic for each stunt but the boys wernt willing to try some our stuff out coz they hadnt done it for a while so most things didnt get done...*****s...:rolleyes:

anyways...theres is this huge flat rock thats about 20-30m long and is on a real steep gradient that i got a nice shot of EV riding down towards...the second pic id of AL standing on a new section of north shore were bulding...its going to about 20m long and suspended about 6'ft from the ground between trees...we have all the supports up and one bridge and that what ALs standing on...its back up at the start of the trail...where the third pic was taken...it was really hard to get the pic to look good seems as this huck i built out of hollowed out tree logs and dirt to fill em and stuff...i havnt built a landing for it so the guys werent to inclined to huck to huge off it and land down the hill as a landing...the last pic of this set is EV standing at the bottem of the really rocky sectiopn where to huge flat rock ends (you cant see it) and i was standing on a rock about 15'ft above him...as you can see the land out there has so much potential its crazy...and the trail were running throught it is getting there we just need more help from ppl coz it takes so long to build stuff...

anyways the next pics are all of the guys jumping ALs huge doubles in the middle of his front paddick...its got about a 14-16'ft gap and there about 6'ft tall but they need to be bigger...coz were finding it hard to pull the more technical tricks such as no handers...

anyways...lemmie know what u think of the pics...there shouls ba a couple of batches of em depending on how long i could be stuffed sitting here uploading them... :rolleyes:

but i think im getting better at making the backdrop look more intense and the silowette blacker...lemmie know it you think so...

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice pics

BJ- said:
by the time me and boys had got up and were ready to hit the trails it was about 10:30...

we first started off going straight to our newest and definatly our best DH trail...its very dense bush on the side of the mountain that runs into and along side a valley...its covered in thousands of old vocanic rocks just sticking up out of no where and is one of the nicest places to just sit on a huge rock and look out and just take every thing all in...its a wicked place...anyway coz its so steep i couldnt get more than one pic for each stunt but the boys wernt willing to try some our stuff out coz they hadnt done it for a while so most things didnt get done...*****s...:rolleyes:

anyways...theres is this huge flat rock thats about 20-30m long and is on a real steep gradient that i got a nice shot of EV riding down towards...the second pic id of AL standing on a new section of north shore were bulding...its going to about 20m long and suspended about 6'ft from the ground between trees...we have all the supports up and one bridge and that what ALs standing on...its back up at the start of the trail...where the third pic was taken...it was really hard to get the pic to look good seems as this huck i built out of hollowed out tree logs and dirt to fill em and stuff...i havnt built a landing for it so the guys werent to inclined to huck to huge off it and land down the hill as a landing...the last pic of this set is EV standing at the bottem of the really rocky sectiopn where to huge flat rock ends (you cant see it) and i was standing on a rock about 15'ft above him...as you can see the land out there has so much potential its crazy...and the trail were running throught it is getting there we just need more help from ppl coz it takes so long to build stuff...

anyways the next pics are all of the guys jumping ALs huge doubles in the middle of his front paddick...its got about a 14-16'ft gap and there about 6'ft tall but they need to be bigger...coz were finding it hard to pull the more technical tricks such as no handers...

anyways...lemmie know what u think of the pics...there shouls ba a couple of batches of em depending on how long i could be stuffed sitting here uploading them... :rolleyes:

but i think im getting better at making the backdrop look more intense and the silowette blacker...lemmie know it you think so...
Cool pics. But who is the dork on the Kona trying to pose tough for the camera?

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are the Good Ones...

i only showed the others so you guys could see the kinda stuff we have in aus...and what gumtrees look like...:D

(these are all of EV-)

Attachments

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
BJ- said:
i only showed the others so you guys could see the kinda stuff we have in aus...and what gumtrees look like...:D

(these are all of EV-)
those are some nice shots. hommie al has some rockin shoes.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for such positive comments guys...

im really starting to like this whole taking photos thing but im hoping that im making the right decision in deciding to go to UNI (you guys call it colledge) for 3 years to do a photography course...i really hope it doesnt back fire on me...

anyways...the positive feedback is reassuring and allways helps... :D

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you kinda took the words right outta my mouth man...yeh im gunna try and be a professional bike photgrapher...i reckon it would be a sweet job...coz ive allways wanted to meet the pros and i was thining what a way to do it...:D

(i may try and do a little FHM like work on the side too...if you know what i mean... ;) )

·
I HUCK WITH CHUCK
1,319 Posts
BJ- said:
you kinda took the words right outta my mouth man...yeh im gunna try and be a professional bike photgrapher...i reckon it would be a sweet job...coz ive allways wanted to meet the pros and i was thining what a way to do it...:D

(i may try and do a little FHM like work on the side too...if you know what i mean... ;) )
My current aspirations as well. You got that sillouwhette shot dialed for sure, its crazy how when the light is there its so easy to make the shots awesome.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
eman said:
Nice pics, you have some nice lookin clouds around wherever you live.
aahhaha...yeh i havent noticed untill now but yeh i have some some nice clouds rount my joint latly...

konabiker said:
i'd hope i'd get to ride if i was working for fhm :D
i can and will most definatly second that one...:D

ThoughtfulPirate said:
My current aspirations as well. You got that sillouwhette shot dialed for sure, its crazy how when the light is there its so easy to make the shots awesome.
thanks man...and goodluck on also chasing fame...the sun that day was so bright and vivid that it made it so easy to get them just right...the intesting thing tho is ALs big sis is half way through a photography course and after i left the guys she starting taking shots...and i wanna see what she came up with and if heres were better...

anyways next time ill get more pics of our Dh trail...

(also i was thinking putting my shots on webshots...a good idea :confused:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.