Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
decided to to take a little ride yesterday and brought the camera with. not the best pics, and not the best riders made for a long ride. anyway here is me and a buddy doing the snow/winter thing

what most of the trails looked like

i made him go out there

a couple downhill sections i rode

his 99 GT LTS

my 08 Giant Rincon

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this was my first helmet less ride, and first ride of the year. im glad it wasnt full of any other firsts like getting hurt. like i said i have always worn my helmet, but just forgot it in the rush to make the trails with day light left.

as for my friend, i dotn think he even has a helmet, and wont wear one. why? i dont know just doesnt like it i guess. everyone always gives him s**t for it when we group ride.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its a 99 GT LTS with a only the frame being the only original thing on it. custom made mounts for hayes hydraulics, marzocchi fork, rock shocks rear coil over and a bunch more.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Dom87SS said:
this was my first helmet less ride, and first ride of the year. im glad it wasnt full of any other firsts like getting hurt. like i said i have always worn my helmet, but just forgot it in the rush to make the trails with day light left.

as for my friend, i dotn think he even has a helmet, and wont wear one. why? i dont know just doesnt like it i guess. everyone always gives him s**t for it when we group ride.
Here is a vid for your EOD (Eventual Organ Donor)

·
Singletrack Slacker
192 Posts
I rode Pets every week for 10 years.We did a New Years day ride every year, kinda miss it. Our new tradition is Slick Rock on New Years. Where is that bridge at, and when did someone put in a bridge that wasn't an old door? I hope to get in a ride up there when I come back in April. Are people finally taking care of that place?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dom87SS said:
Its petrified springs in kenosha
I knew it! I was looking at the pics thinking "damn, that has to be Pets." Cool. I just ordered a set of studded tires so that I can kickstart the riding season. Now we just need to get rid of some of this fresh snow.

Cool bike - the custom work looks nice.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it seems to be. they have group rides there every tuesday night about 5-20 guys show up every week. That bridge is on the main trail. you ride in along the river bank then up a small hill, go down the back side and there is a creek that connects that small lake in the back to the river. the bridge goes over that then the is a steep short climb right there. i love pets. its about 40min from my house but i dont car. i was hitting it 1-6 times a week all last spring-fall. last year was my first year riding anything that wasnt flat pavement or forest preserve trails. so i had a blast up there to say the least.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.