Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pics of themselves or a friend wearing the 661 subgear compression jersey? How bulky is it?

I'm thinking about getting the shortsleeve version for most days. I've got the full armor already, but its too much for me to ride in for most of my rides. hence I don't wear it often. With the subgear stuff, it looks less bulky and intrusive and I'd likely wear it more often. I realize its not going to offer the same amount of protection, but some is better than none.

thanks in advance!

-joel

·
Registered
226 Posts
i bought the longsleeve version, but parted with it soon after. it was too much for most xc riding. it has a snug fit, hard to get on, but fits well once in place. i thought the shoulder pads were a little obtrusive, but i don't have too big of a torso. IMO the built in elbow pads are the best protection on there, so i wouldn't get the shortsleeve, but at the same time i found the whole thing too much for an everyday ride, so maybe shortsleeve is the way to go.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I looked at the 661 subgear but really did not see the point. Not much padding and like you wanted a short sleeve shirt for most days. I have been wearing a Mission Thorax padded shirt for a little upper body padding.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts