Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
You mean a rack like this? Having severely damaged the paint on both a trunk rack and spare tire rack, I decided against any rack that supports the bike by its painted parts.

Attachments

·
b a n n e d
6,213 Posts
Curious if any one use those hanging racks and how are they mounting it on.

Thanks
I think it would be tough to hang the VPP bikes (which is probably why you are asking).

I use a roof rack for my BLT, and I agree that I won't use a rack that holds the bike by the frame anymore.

·
Swedetarded
527 Posts
is this a new fetish? if it is that is weird and I would suggest you seek help or keep away from 1 1/4 inch hitches
There is a TV show here in Sweden, I forget which one, but the parents visit their vacation home the weekend after their daughter spent the weekend there. The daughter left a sex swing hanging up inside one of the bedrooms and the parents decided (assuming it was a normal but fancy swing) that said swing would be better suited for the front porch....they called her. "We hung the swing on the porch, but we can't figure out how to use it, oh crap, now I think your father is stuck in it". The daughter was speechless.

My wife was on the floor laughing.

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
I bought a truck just so i wouldn't have to deal with a rack again. Previous to this I had a rooftop rack.
+1 only I had a K5 Blazer w/ a rack on back. Dakine p/u pad or an old furniture pad is th' shizzle for quick & easy loading /unloading.....well except for those jacked up truckz, they are a bizzuch to get th bike on/off w/o climbing up on it. :nono: For those who are "particular" about their frames/paint: don't even think about a Dakine pad, it will take the finish down to th metal if yer shuttle'n a bunch...:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.