Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to order a new 2010 Lefty for my steel 29er. From what I've read and heard it is a great fork but I'm trying to figure out what a Lefty looks like on a steel bike with the thinner tubes...?

Any pics would be very helpfull.

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,470 Posts
Dan Gerous said:
Did the Surly need custom Lefty clamps or something so the huge wheel fit?
Nope, and with the 100mm rims, it's slightly off center, you felt it on the pavement, but in the dirt it was fine. When I get some time, I'm going to build up a Marge, so it should center up fine. Always playing around......:thumbsup:

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,470 Posts
88 rex said:
Without throwing this thread offtopic........how much snow can that Surly handle?
It's all a matter of the type of snow. Wet and heavy? 6 to 8 inches is about it, as much due to the tread pattern as anything else. Dry and fluffy? 10 to 15 is doable, but it's work.

The base under the fresh matters too. As does skill level. And with the soon to be released Larry, directional stability will be dramatically improved. Better steering, cornering etc. The spider tread tires do promise a bit better rear traction too. The Endo is a great start, but more targeted tires are what's needed to really push these bikes to the next plateau...

Sorry OP, not my intent to disrupt your thread, shoulda known the Pug would garner attention.;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not yet completed, but enough to see:

I'm looking much forward to ride it (I'ver been riding an Jekyll and Prophet for the last 9 years. Interested how a hardtail will feel after all this time.). But it will have to wait.
Need another 1 1/8" adapter...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.