Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
A Real Winner.
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, someone probably has done this in the past, but I want to see your animals.
Here is my dog Toni, I never take her to the trails, because if she sees a small animal, she is gone, and I would probably never see her again! Anyhow, post your pet pics here. . .

·
Registered
196 Posts
is that a greyhound? i like those dogs. have you had it since it was a puppy or did you adopt a retired racer? i would like to do that sooner or later.

my american staffordshire hooch

i have 3 snakes, iguana and some fish i might post some photos of.

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
Mortimer Dink

The co-owner of my (former) local deli told me about a kitten loose on his property. He had nicknamed it "Dink" due to its size, but already had a cat and couldn't keep it.

Being a shelter volunteer, I brought a humane trap, baited it with some Sheba, and within minutes Dink was caught. Walked directly into the trap, straight for the Sheba.

Long story short, my old cat at the time was at the vet.......for what turned out to be her last time :( Came home, and there was this black kitten playing with Daisy's toys. I nicknamed the cat Morty because "mort" = death. My sister suggested Mortimer, and research showed that Mortimer partly meant "reincarnation," so it seemed perfect. In the 16 years with Daisy, I had never been in a position where I ended up with a stray kitten, so it was as if she sent it to me so I would never be alone in my apartment :)

Brought Morty in to be neutered. My sister (the vet) called and said, "We spayed Mortimer, she's fine!" :redface: Morty had been spraying a bit, so I figured she was male!!

She's an indoor cat. Like Toni, if I brought her mtn biking with me, she'd be too distracted by the chipmunks, rabbits, field mice, birdies......and possibly eaten by an owl.

Now........how to add a photo attachment?!

·
Registered
64 Posts
look at bottom of page

Christine said:
The co-owner of my (former) local deli told me about a kitten loose on his property. He had nicknamed it "Dink" due to its size, but already had a cat and couldn't keep it.

Being a shelter volunteer, I brought a humane trap, baited it with some Sheba, and within minutes Dink was caught. Walked directly into the trap, straight for the Sheba.

Long story short, my old cat at the time was at the vet.......for what turned out to be her last time :( Came home, and there was this black kitten playing with Daisy's toys. I nicknamed the cat Morty because "mort" = death. My sister suggested Mortimer, and research showed that Mortimer partly meant "reincarnation," so it seemed perfect. In the 16 years with Daisy, I had never been in a position where I ended up with a stray kitten, so it was as if she sent it to me so I would never be alone in my apartment :)

Brought Morty in to be neutered. My sister (the vet) called and said, "We spayed Mortimer, she's fine!" :redface: Morty had been spraying a bit, so I figured she was male!!

She's an indoor cat. Like Toni, if I brought her mtn biking with me, she'd be too distracted by the chipmunks, rabbits, field mice, birdies......and possibly eaten by an owl.

Now........how to add a photo attachment?!
Scroll to the bottom and look for upload images!

·
Go faster
321 Posts
the ratt dogs...smartest, quickest learning dogs I have had the pleasure of owning to date....

the bigger one (peewee age:7) knows how to roll-over, play-dead, speak (barks), beg (whimpers), jump on command, spin around on command, and balance food on his nose...about half the time he can catch it in his mouth..

the smaller one laying down (lulu age:5), knows how to play-dead, roll-over, speak and beg

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Here are my two cats, Lana (left) and Lexus (right). They are both very sweet and loving. Sony: that's awesome that you have a retired racing greyhound; my fiancee and I would like to do the same at some point.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
doggies

I used to take these guys riding w/ me on TV Tower road in San Luis Obispo, Ca. The Cal Poly SLO women sure loved them. These guys are escape artist, used to dig under the fence and roam freely in Cambria for hours west of hwy 1 near ardath. A kind soul would pick them all up and take them back to our house in the evening. Next day, same routine. My neigbor said they love chasing the inquisitive dear. lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
And now for something a bit different...No, they don't go mountain biking, they only go in zig zags and usually stick close to walls of furniture. That being said, you should see a real 'bunny hop', when one comes tearing into a room, does a 180 in the air and zooms back to where they came from!

(she sat like that for quite a while, must not have been as uncomfortable as it looks!)

Attachments

·
2,548 Posts
Here's our pup Bud..........

and here's Iggy Parrot........

...also, wife has "adopted" a local stray cat, but she stays strictly outside (hence being called "her outside cat" due to 3 out of 4 of us have allercies to cats...heh) . Cat is simple, yet striking white on black ("tuxedo cat", someone called her...dunno...)

That's it for our fur/feather children....

·
I love Pisgah
3,406 Posts
Cassey the crazy cow dog. She loves to run. Goes backpacking, and a ride once in a while, usually in the morning on a weekday. Don't trust her around others too much. Chases tires still(shes a yr old). hehehe.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I love greyhounds! I had one that we rescued when I was a kid. Great dog!!

Also, in case you are interested, Greyhounds have a blood type that is compatible with all other types of dogs. So we used to take our greyhound into the vet sometimes when they needed blood for transfusions.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.