Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Looks good.

- Though, I hope they did not put the bearings in the Downtube like they did on the 07' Superlights. I've seen too many Treks and Fishers with issues from having pivots in a thin tube rather than a beefy yoke or the swingarm itself (the way SCB used to do it). :skep:

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Hard to tell, but it looks like the bearings got bigger. The only real complaint about the Heckler was swing arm flex and I wonder if the rear is stiffer now?

Glad you are digging the 4X Indyfab. You were contemplating for a while there. There have been a lot of tempting deals on the 4X these days.

·
Registered
471 Posts
ronny said:
Hard to tell, but it looks like the bearings got bigger. The only real complaint about the Heckler was swing arm flex and I wonder if the rear is stiffer now?

Glad you are digging the 4X Indyfab. You were contemplating for a while there. There have been a lot of tempting deals on the 4X these days.
If the update is anything like the Superlights update (which it appears to be) it should be considerably stiffer. I believe they advertise the Superlight as being 3X stiffer and I believe the pivot was urgraded to a 20mm thru axel pivot.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
No difference.

dustyduke22 said:
that is pretty sick. how is the quaility on those bikes now that they are made overseas?

dusty
As far as I can tell anyways. I had a Taiwanese Heckler and it looked nice and performed just fine. The price has come down on the Heckler considerably over the past couple of years.

·
Where is my mind?
1,130 Posts
SC's website shows the same heckler design as last year. This looks more like the new SC Superlight.

Edit: I take it back. The new Heckler is not posted on the website, but there are subtle differences from images above from the superlight.

·
never ender
1,314 Posts
crap, I didn't even notice that.

In that case, everything's gravy. Kinda looks like they dropped the replaceable dropout though...I'm a big fan of that feature, although I haven't had to use it.

·
PULL
697 Posts
Got the e-mail from SC

Burly 15mm main pivot, lifetime bearing guarantee!
5.9" rear travel, 6.4lb frame and shock weight (medium, Fox Float R shock)
Clearance for 8" brake rotors
Updated geometry designed around 140mm forks, able to take up to 170mm
Super clean replaceable derailleur hanger
Recessed, threaded shock mounts and tool friendly design
Available in choice of five powdercoat, two anodized, and one polished finish

Production models expected to start shipping in April, Santa Cruz Bicycles will be accepting orders after January 15th.

They will be making an XL, just no XL bullit.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Some one please explain...

the new superlight has a 20mm pivot and the heckler a 15mm pivot???:confused:
what's the catch.
I think the new heckler should be stiffer in all their parts. that's only my 2 cents.

·
CURB HUCK!!!!!!
492 Posts
the swooping down-top-tube intersection reminds me of specialized

superlight has a 20mm pivot there's no reason the heckler should have anything less, unless this is misinformation. doesn't make sense :confused:

·
graps the nettle
519 Posts
clarification

checocc said:
the new superlight has a 20mm pivot and the heckler a 15mm pivot???:confused:
what's the catch.
I think the new heckler should be stiffer in all their parts. that's only my 2 cents.
the new bullit has a 20mm pivot axle. the new heckler and the new superlight both have 15mm pivot axles.

by comparison, the old bullit has a 12.7mm pivot axle, the last generation heckler has a 12.7mm pivot axle, and the last generation superlight and first generation hecklers have 9.5mm pivot axles.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.