Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought it was unfair for me to allude to it yet not produce. The pic is a bit grainy, but it was a small pic of the bike on the cover to begin with. By the way, you all owe me ten bucks.:D

Attachments

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No way am I taking your money...

Franz said:
WOOHOO!!! Looks like a Heckler to me!
Dude, seriously, pm me your address and I'll post you the cash. :p :D :thumbsup:
I too am a Santa Cruz fan. No worries. It was actually my pleasure to post it. I should never have mentioned it without posting pics. For that, I apologize. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
455 Posts
You are, as they say, Da Man. :D
Come on people, place your bets. A nice round 6' of travel? Maybe shave off 1/3 lb of weight? Or will SC continue with the abolition of sizing for anyone over 6' 2"? :madman: Above all, why the hell would they let this premiere in some buyers' guide before informing us, their loyal subjects, in the mailout???

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since it is spec'd with a 140 vanilla, I am betting 5.6 still. It may very well be a bit lighter though. I have no idea why SC didn't at least allude to the release of it. The buyers guide is why I do not feel bad about letting the cat out of the bag. The interesting thing about that is I am way up in Maine...and I am the first one to notice that the new style was in the mag? Blows my mind. I had two hecklers in the past(99 and 04/06) and this is by far the best looking. Like I said in the other thread, if my 4x didn't kick its @ss six ways from sunday I would buy one. Now, I bet they redesign the headtube junction on the blurs as well. That will really piss me off. It is just cosmetics right? I'll keep telling myself that. :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
It's amazing what people don't notice. What's this Decline guide like? Is it sold across the US?
Also, I just checked the Fox website and the fork looks like a 160 Float. That's if the one on the bike is an '07 model, which it should be. And is it me or does the swingarm look even burlier than the Bullit's? :cornut:

I can't help worrying that we're jumping the gun a little here. Is it possible the guide got hold of a pic of a prototype bike that won't exist for a year or so?

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is unlikely that it is a proto. Especially given the other SP bikes got makeovers as well. It would be foolish for them to leave the Heckler behind. According to the guide, it is in fact a 140 front and rear. I think it is the real deal. Why not? It is not so hard to believe.

I'm not sure about the magazine. I have perused it before but never bought one until today...and I was forced. :)

By the way, the D AM price according to the guide is 1799. Smokin' deal.

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You are wrong...

whattree? said:
I'm calling that an '07 superlight,plus the all mountain kit would come with 2.3 kendas.
And the tire spec that you see is for the bike above the picture of the Heckler. Look at the superlite. They do not look anything alike if you look at the details. :p

·
SS Pusher Man
7,623 Posts
whattree? said:
I'm calling that an '07 superlight,plus the all mountain kit would come with 2.3 kendas.
Look at the junction of the downtube and headtube on the new Superlight. Then look at the same spot on the new Bullit. The bike above seems to resemble both the new Bullit and the new Superlight.

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Certainly...

mtnbikej said:
Look at the junction of the downtube and headtube on the new Superlight. Then look at the same spot on the new Bullit. The bike above seems to resemble both the new Bullit and the new Superlight.
Yet it is different than both. The new Heckler really appears to be the offspring of the Bullitt and the Superlight. 50% of its genes coming from both parents. I like it but I really liked the headtube junction of my 06 when they changed the gusset.

·
boomer
888 Posts
i'm struggling

Looking at the pic of the SL from SC's site sure makes me believe it's a SL and not a Heckler. The sticker package looks the exact same and the dropout looks like it's the same. Granted the swingarm does look different but everything else looks the same. Agree? Disagree?

Attachments

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Disagree...

okie_calvin said:
Looking at the pic of the SL from SC's site sure makes me believe it's a SL and not a Heckler. The sticker package looks the exact same and the dropout looks like it's the same. Granted the swingarm does look different but everything else looks the same. Agree? Disagree?
They look very different to me.

Attachments

·
nerfherder
1,674 Posts
I think it's a Heckler... here's why...

I'm going with Indy on this. He called the new Bullitt, too. Beyond that...

1. The new Superlight was just released (December, 2006). Why release yet a new version already? Dealers wouldn't be able to sell the stock that they JUST ordered.

2. In Indy's pic (below, right), the bike's top tube has a subtle Nomad-esque curve as it meets the headtube. The down tube has a little curve, too, possibly for more fork clearance. The Superlight has straight tubes. This, too me, jumps out as the most obvious difference. The bike on the right is specced with a Van32. The Van32 is not an option on the Superlight's bike builder on the SCB site. Also, looking at the tubeset, I'd say the bike on the right has fatter tubes. Also inline with a Heckler.

L - Superlight R - Heckler

3. The rear triangle on the Heck (picture 2 below, left side) looks thicker than the Superlight's. Also, note the Superlight's non-drive side chainstay. Notice how it is offset down from the drive side chainstay. There is daylight between the two stays. The Heck's are much more parallel and they line up on the same horizontal plane, mostly, until the dropouts. I realize that this could be an effect of the angle that the picture was taken at, though. The Superlight picture is taken centered. The Heckler picture is taken a tad above and a tad in front. There are other more subtle differences in that rear triangle, too.

L - Heckler R - Superlight (sorry, reversed the order)

BTW, my wife, who isn't a bike person, spotted several of those differences immediately.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.