Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
Nice! I want one of the white ones, think I can get one that says "Surly" on the side?

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
14,456 Posts
I might consider one if it didn't say anything on the side. Not into rolling billboards nor wild color schemes.

shiggy, on the other hand...

--sParty

·
Registered
17 Posts
Those look badass... I think I have a white one on order. I did it through the Niner site a few weeks prior to the deposit deadline. They still haven't charged me the deposit. I have called 3 times and they have all of my info. I even emailed them, but never heard back.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Personally think they pretty sweet, BUT, I don't think they have enough branding on them :rolleyes:

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
rollmonkey said:
i bet you the black-background ones you could peel or remove the lettering
I forgot to ask Chris and Steve at the Otter, but before that a decision as to whether they were going to allow that hadn't been made. All the other colors decals will be under clear coat.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Hey guys,

Thanks for the nice words on the carbon fork. We got a lot of attention on these at The Otter, and it's nice to see so many people amp'd up to get them.

Chris and I do listen, and in that vein, we've decided to decrease the billboard artwork on the side of the full NUDE carbon fork. Instead of having two giant silver NINER decals running the length of the fork, the NINER decals will be in an off black, barely visable over the raw carbon. The red 9 NINER decals will remain on the upper part of the fork. The decals will still be under clearcoat.

We hope this helps some of you who may not want to be rolling the full Niner logos.

Steve
Niner Bikes

·
Registered
973 Posts
Niner Bikes said:
Hey guys,

Chris and I do listen, and in that vein, we've decided to decrease the billboard artwork on the side of the full NUDE carbon fork.

Steve
Niner Bikes
This is great to see, this fork looks like the real deal for carbon users and glad to see a company listen to what some riders are looking for. We all cant pull of the Shiggy style

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Clearance and mud

as someone else said, good for Niner listening to their customers :thumbsup:

On another note......was just looking at BB thread on his nasty, mucky race this last weekend and wondered - What happens when you are running a real tyre and not a Stans Crow in that carbon fork and mud starts to build up and clog up the arch and scratches the CF? Is the fork screwed because some rocks got caught in the mud and scratched the CF? Got to ask as I've had this happen several times when I had no clue there'd be mud and I surely wasn't about to just give up and walk home :skep: Are these fair weather only forks?

Niner Bikes said:
Hey guys,

Thanks for the nice words on the carbon fork. We got a lot of attention on these at The Otter, and it's nice to see so many people amp'd up to get them.

Chris and I do listen, and in that vein, we've decided to decrease the billboard artwork on the side of the full NUDE carbon fork. Instead of having two giant silver NINER decals running the length of the fork, the NINER decals will be in an off black, barely visable over the raw carbon. The red 9 NINER decals will remain on the upper part of the fork. The decals will still be under clearcoat.

We hope this helps some of you who may not want to be rolling the full Niner logos.

Steve
Niner Bikes

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
LyNx said:
as someone else said, good for Niner listening to their customers :thumbsup:

On another note......was just looking at BB thread on his nasty, mucky race this last weekend and wondered - What happens when you are running a real tyre and not a Stans Crow in that carbon fork and mud starts to build up and clog up the arch and scratches the CF? Is the fork screwed because some rocks got caught in the mud and scratched the CF? Got to ask as I've had this happen several times when I had no clue there'd be mud and I surely wasn't about to just give up and walk home :skep: Are these fair weather only forks?
Pull the front tire out of almost any recreational riders road bike and take a look under the crown. I've seen some major scratches on those, yet no worries.

I would venture a guess and say that unless it is a deep scratch that pulls some fiber, (hairy looking substance) out, it probably isn't a problem and that would take a rock that would stop your tire dead in it's tracks, I would think.

Not sayng one shouldn't be concerned about that, but the likelyhood of major damage from mud riding is not all that great, in my opinion.

·
Just here for the scenery
354 Posts
I guess we're all s'posed to be used to that "OMG... light" reaction by now, when picking up a CF part, but I got it all over again when hefting (wrong word... maybe 'lofting') one of these at the show Sunday. They would literally have blown off the table if they'd been exhibited during the winds of the 2008 Otter.

Eagerly awaiding ride reports. Shopping for a longer stocking for next Christmas.

Eddy

1 - 20 of 47 Posts