Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the Singlespeed was not to be on my Moab trip. I was just to late trying to get it shipped out, so I ended up on fullboinger rental. Interesting to ride a 5" fully after 4 years off one, all that suspension came in handy on Porc Rim and the Portal trail! Hightlights of the trip include seeing Alison Dunlap in town, and Tom Ritchey bombing down Porc rim full rigid, no helmet. Looking over the edge from near the top on the Portal trail was pretty amazing, hard to believe people can ride that trail the whole way!

Town was absolutely full of people, but we only saw 3 other riders on Poison Spider Mesa, and no one on Portal. Porc rim was pretty busy as expected.

Yann aka "Frenchy" has issues with his Jamis Dakar. The swingarm busted 6 miles up the Poison Spider Mesa trail. He had a long walk out!

The Pics:

Attachments

·
Steamroller
1,227 Posts
Nice pics...I'm so jealous!

I can't ride at all right (broken ankle), so pics of my local loop would almost make me cry. But your pics are just too much. I must get to Moab soon. I have vacationed and ridden many other notable MTB hot spots but not there........not yet.

I have to decide which to do first Moab or Fruita. Maybe I can do both on the same trip :D Was the Jamis a rental?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Despite the horror stories

Awesome pics, hope to make it there this year.

I flew my bike to Denver last fall, had very little trouble with it other than Homeland Security opening the box because I accidently left some compressed CO2 cartridges inside (I threw some misc. stuff in the box). Thankfully they got it back in the box fine, with some pretty Homeland Security tape. It was surprisingly cheap, I paid I think 80 bucks one way and then on my way back, the Denver airport didn't charge me. Not bad for 5' x 4' x 8" x 30lbs

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
a few more...

Thanks for the replies. Fun place to ride, this was my 4th trip to Moab! Next time I will go SS for all but Porc rim and Portal! Actually, next time I'm going to Fruita!

Here's a few more pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
maybe ...

we could taken a trip to fruita this fall? If gas prices come down some I'd like to drive back out.

Cave Run soon...just waiting for things to dry up more!

GirchyGirchy said:
Nice - looks like you guys had some fun! I wish I could have gone. Hooray for school.

·
Penis Goat!
806 Posts
MellowCat said:
we could taken a trip to fruita this fall? If gas prices come down some I'd like to drive back out.

Cave Run soon...just waiting for things to dry up more!
I'll have to wait and plan - it's gonna be a b!tch having to worry about vacation time. The real world sucks, I'm going to miss the freedom of school. I'll keep it in mind, though!

I agree on Cave Run! I don't think the 'drying out' thing is cooperating right now, but hopefully soon. We missed the perfect opportunity a few weeks ago, when it was absolutely gorgeous here.

I'll be in Lexington/Frankfort until late May....work starts June 1 in Columbus. So we have a little while to get something in!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.