Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Prophets can take some serious abuse. In fact they're much much tougher than most of the xc-type parts they're commonly spec'd with. The success of cedric and others racing 4X on them is good, but really it's their use in slopestyle competitions with the black flips, big drops, and general abuse they're put through. I've done drops more than 8", and a friend from work has out it through it's paces at diablo freeride park.

If you want some media, here's video from freecaster, look for cedric riding over the yellow dump truck and aaron on his white prophet.

Edit: also I went to monsterpark WV and saw aaron throwing down firsthand, and he really beats the crap out of his bikes. After seeing that and then after getting my frame, I would say that unless you're doing repeated drops more than 4' to flat and 9' to transitions on daily rides, it's easily going to hold up to what you dish out.

·
Registered
205 Posts
PblcNme said:
i was there, rode his bike and talked to him. it's definitly a prophet.
Do you know which fork and headset was he running? And possible how he routed the cables? The reason I ask is I'm having issues with downtube/cable interference near the top of my down tube.

·
Registered
310 Posts
pin-it said:
Do you know which fork and headset was he running? And possible how he routed the cables? The reason I ask is I'm having issues with downtube/cable interference near the top of my down tube.
he was using a 66, but not sure what model. it has a black casing so it prob. wasn't the rc2x. it had 170mm. headset, i have no clue. i remember him having his cables routed all ****ed up. my friend took some upclose pics of it, i will get them to you asap.

what fork are you using?

·
Registered
70 Posts
PblcNme said:
he was using a 66, but not sure what model. it has a black casing so it prob. wasn't the rc2x. it had 170mm. headset, i have no clue. i remember him having his cables routed all ****ed up. my friend took some upclose pics of it, i will get them to you asap.

what fork are you using?
i'd be interested in seeing those pictures too, if you don't mind :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.