Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oldest son Mike is riding one of these up in Seattle, before we shipped it off to him we fell in love with it so we had to get us another one and build it up, my son Jimmy fell in love with it and has adopted it. It is actually my bike but I don't get much time on it. Here are a few pics from yesterday.

Rider- Jimmy Wilson, Photos- Doug Wilson

PS Just love the new RockGardn Luxe goggles and their new Vortic gloves!

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mtbManiak said:
That's very cool. So, do all of your sons mtb? And are they all that good?
Yes, the whole family Mountain Bikes. I have three sons that are real good, Mike, the oldest is exceptional and Greg and Jimmy are right behind him in many ways. Jimmy is riding an Astrix Havoc and a Astrix Union and Greg is riding a team Astrix Huckster.

Here is a pic of Greg on his bike hitting a wall ride. They are getting better every day, especially now that we have good bikes under them. That Huckster is an amazing machine.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
Nice pics...
THe quality is amazing...

·
Samsonite Tester
3,993 Posts
Nice X-up at Little Crk Mesa.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SPOOK said:
I'm really digging the astrix bikes. Are any of you sponsored by astrix? or do you guys just really like their bikes?
My oldest boy, Mike Wilson is sponsored by Astrix and my second son Greg was sent the Huckster Team frame by them to ride, so I guess he is also. We have a total of 2 Unions, 2 Hucksters, 1 Havoc and 1 Stryke. Total of 6 Astrix bikes. I am sold on their frames and as happy as a hobo on a ham sandwich.

I am so sold on their bikes and have so much confidence in them that we are going to be selling them soon. We will have an online site and a retail shop here in S. Utah. We should be open in a month or so.

Shuntavi

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where is that??

trevor_2k said:
Thought that was Gooseberry...
Well, it's not Gooseberry or Little Creek, however.... were not saying.... lets just say it is a secret trail, we call it, "THE HOLY GUACAMOLE TRAIL" If you happen to come to Southern Utah, just ask, we will show you around. One thing for sure, it is on par with both of those areas and I expect it to be well known eventually.

·
Samsonite Tester
3,993 Posts
Shuntavi said:
Well, it's not Gooseberry or Little Creek, however.... were not saying.... lets just say it is a secret trail, we call it, "THE HOLY GUACAMOLE TRAIL" If you happen to come to Southern Utah, just ask, we will show you around. One thing for sure, it is on par with both of those areas and I expect it to be well known eventually.
Late October I'll be there for the Redbull Rampage.

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
I gotta know Doug...
Did you get rid of the Giant and the Stinky or save 'em for the lit'ler Wilsons???

Shuntavi said:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hanging in the shed

Padre said:
I gotta know Doug...
Did you get rid of the Giant and the Stinky or save 'em for the lit'ler Wilsons???
I hung the ever faithfull Kona in the shed, stripped of all parts, donated to the Astrix and Bullit. The Giant AC frame has met a similar fate. They will sit there, probably gathering dust until some needy freerider comes along. One thing for sure, that Kona was and is absolutly indestructible. I think the boys tried to break it or destroy it, it held up under any and all abuse. That Kona Stinky is a frame worth getting if you break things!

The lit'ler wilson's will always have a hand-me-down of some sort. ;)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Shuntavi said:
I hung the ever faithfull Kona in the shed, stripped of all parts, donated to the Astrix and Bullit. The Giant AC frame has met a similar fate. They will sit there, probably gathering dust until some needy freerider comes along. One thing for sure, that Kona was and is absolutly indestructible. I think the boys tried to break it or destroy it, it held up under any and all abuse. That Kona Stinky is a frame worth getting if you break things!

The lit'ler wilson's will always have a hand-me-down of some sort. ;)
Is mike competing in any Norba's or any National, canada cups ect? I don't see Any Astrix Bikes at all, as of yet. I race as well but I will be happy when I see one on the hill. I realize his skill is above and beyond on the who has balls but as a skilled DH racer is he fit because I seem to fall short of news like that. Thanks again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Max_winner1 said:
Is mike competing in any Norba's or any National, canada cups ect? I don't see Any Astrix Bikes at all, as of yet. I race as well but I will be happy when I see one on the hill. I realize his skill is above and beyond on the who has balls but as a skilled DH racer is he fit because I seem to fall short of news like that. Thanks again.
Last year our pro race team was at every NORBA national race and some World Cups riding their Unions, Hucksters and Havocs. We had a rookie Pro man get an 11th place finish at his first World Cup and Lisa Myklak finished ranked 3rd overall in pro women's season and this year she rode her Union to a 4th place podium in the slalom at Big Bear. And the Huckster has a Belgian National Pro DH Championship win from Stijn Deferm. Coming up in Idaho the pro race team will be there along with some of our grassroots riders. Be on the look out for Wendy and her custom XS Huckster.

Last year Mike had a great time freeriding and competing at Red Bull us and continues to pursue his passions. And it is exciting that Greg and Jimmy are pushing their limits and furthering their skills and I'm sure more photos of them having fun will be showing up in Astrix and others catalogs and websites. Along with their mom showing off her style over the table top in the backyard!!!! And of course if we're lucky, we'll all get to see some photos of Shuntavi riding instead of being behind the camera with such a great eye!

Ryan

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.