Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
here are a few pics from my ride sunday at the local trails 5 min from my house. nothing too skilled, but great place to start out, and beautiful woods.
Have yet to meet another rider on the trails... guess that is a good thing and a bad thing. i would love to know how i am doing compared to others, but have a blast anyway! i am absolutely loving this sport, is way more fun than i had imagined!

well here are just a few pics off my cell camera, in between the huffing and puffing of bein out of breath.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
small place in mississippi called lake lowndes. its a state park here, and yeah pretty easy to keep maintained due to not much traffic. i have just started in the sport, but have already been out working on some modifications and up keep to the trails.

·
Registered
270 Posts
very cool,its good to maintain your trails.i stop for anything that i can remove from the trail,cuase if we dont who will?

keep riding!!! and if you ever do see anyone on trail be nice ... nice is easy:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
jdr6031 said:
small place in mississippi called lake lowndes. its a state park here, and yeah pretty easy to keep maintained due to not much traffic. i have just started in the sport, but have already been out working on some modifications and up keep to the trails.
retro-newb said:
very cool,its good to maintain your trails.i stop for anything that i can remove from the trail,cuase if we dont who will?
I am assuming that you are coordinating with the people who are responsible for the design and maintenance of the trail?

And what is the point of removing it if it can be a new challenge?

·
Registered
270 Posts
CharacterZero said:
I am assuming that you are coordinating with the people who are responsible for the design and maintenance of the trail?

And what is the point of removing it if it can be a new challenge?
i ride mainly on abandoned trails within a state park that has no budget to maintain them.
i have talked to park rangers,and they said as long as i don't use chainsaws etc (any power tools) we can do with it what we want.what i remove is small limbs,debris,trash.

the six months i've rode these trails ive met one other mtb'er and he rides on the other side of the paved course than me,so while the trail is overgrown a bit.it's kinda my job to clear it up.

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
retro-newb said:
i ride mainly on abandoned trails within a state park that has no budget to maintain them.
i have talked to park rangers,and they said as long as i don't use chainsaws etc (any power tools) we can do with it what we want.what i remove is small limbs,debris,trash.
Very nice, I applaud your efforts!

·
Registered
270 Posts
CharacterZero said:
Very nice, I applaud your efforts!
thanks something my dad taught me back in my motorcycle(as a teen) days is if we dont respect and take care of the land and people on it,it may not be there next time....

·
Registered
551 Posts
You should consider helping out with the maintenance of your trail system, that's really important to the sport and gives you a great feeling of accomplishment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts