Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my singlespeed I was thinking of ordering a custom Seven bar with some bend, but curious about which I should get.

Anybody have some pictures of a flat bar with 12° or similar bend? (prefer pics from top, so I can see a good angle)...

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
donkekus said:
For my singlespeed I was thinking of ordering a custom Seven bar with some bend, but curious about which I should get.

Anybody have some pictures of a flat bar with 12° or similar bend? (prefer pics from top, so I can see a good angle)...

Thanks...
sort of like this

Attachments

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all...!!!

Those Syntaces are pretty nice... 16°...

Does anyone make a higher end bar with that much bend? Like maybe a carbon or a ti?

(looking for a similar thing to a Jones, but able to run Rohloff grippy) Don't particularly want the Maryss...

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
donkekus said:
Thanks all...!!!

Does anyone make a higher end bar with that much bend? Like maybe a carbon or a ti?

(looking for a similar thing to a Jones, but able to run Rohloff grippy) Don't particularly want the Maryss...
Why not the Mary?

·
Registered
250 Posts
syntace makes a really sweet carbon one

It has 9 degrees of backsweep, and it's got this titanium mesh woven into it. But, it is XC narrow, only 580mm

·
College
1,198 Posts
donkekus said:
Thanks all...!!!

The syntace offers a carbon version thats 135 grams 630mm

·
6x7=Dont Panic!
2,014 Posts
donkekus said:
Thanks all...!!!

Why cant you run the rohloff on the jones? I believe Ive seen it done before.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TheRedMantra said:
Why cant you run the rohloff on the jones? I believe Ive seen it done before.
You can, but it's not ideal... The shifter is sorta far away from hand regular hand positions.

However... I think there is a way...

I'll spend the $60 more for a Jones... :D

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
Im willing to bet that those Koski bars are quite narrow. They look like old WTB bars that were roughly 23". Sweet bars, I just wish more companies made wide, flat bars. What is it w/this narrow crap???

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
~martini~ said:
Im willing to bet that those Koski bars are quite narrow. They look like old WTB bars that were roughly 23". Sweet bars, I just wish more companies made wide, flat bars. What is it w/this narrow crap???
I'm not going to bet with you, martini. The WTBs were made by Koski.

And your estimate is close enough--24".

24 works well in the Midwest.

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,211 Posts
11 degrees, flat bar, 660mm wide. Aluminum. Salsa Pro Moto.

Disregard shifter thingies.

Please post a pic of those seven bars when you get 'em. I'm interested as well. These aluminum bars are beating the crap out of my right hand.

Edit....I meant right hand.

Attachments

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,211 Posts
~martini~ said:
Why not your right? Is it detachable, like a penis?
Well, it could be that being a single guy and err... ahhh...nevermind.

Seriously, I don't know? For the last few weeks, a few minutes on the bike and my fingers go numb. But, it's only my right hand. I think the combination pounding of the front brake and shifting is taking it's toll on my right hand. I'm kinda freaking out about it really.
I've been working a throttle, front brake, or shifters since I was 12. I think I've worn me fooking hand out.

I'm definetly going to try the Ti bars out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.