Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, as promised, here are some pictures of my Surly 1x1 frame painted with Plastikote anti-rust enamel and plastikote SUV clearcoat.

As I said before, you can see where the light reflects off of it that it is not a mirror finish but I was very impressed when I finished. It is a great cheap way to add some new life to an old frame.

Anyway, let me know if you have any questions.....

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I didn't realize it was that dusty until I looked at the pictures. The dust isn't embedded. Its just lint from a towel that I cut up to use to protect my frame when I clamp it in the workstand.

As for scratching, I haven't really had a chance to see how it holds up. To be honest I pretty much assume that it will scratch way easier than a high quality paint job. This was more of an experiment than anything else.

Gabe

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, cool. The bottle said wait a week, so i let it hang and didn't touch it for a week. Then I built it up and waited another week (for parts). I'm not going to ride it for another two weeks because I'll be out of town so it looks like I'll be on schedule with your estimation. I'll let you guys know how it holds up.

Gabe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.