Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
KevinK
531 Posts
That's a thing of beauty!! Just purchased a set or Rotor 3d cranks for my new bike being built, but, one of these is going on my other bike, now the question is, which one?

Thanks for the post Slim83!!!

Kevin

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just wonder about the coating on the xtr cranks. If it is like the 960 it will look bad quick. I hope the weight is good on the crank as well cause that could be my next set.

·
Mines 29
313 Posts
My oh my, should of looked at these while I was work, nearly shoot thru the roof.
Those X.0 stuff is making my chocie harder now. Was going to do XTR with Middleburn cranks.

·
No longer 26
3,090 Posts
X.0 Level 10 speed cassette has the be a less expensive option though right? Along with SLX/XT/STR? That should be a good thing. Still would like to see the hole patterns to allow small rings be available from 22-28 and the large rings from 32-42 as options for the double rings up front.

G

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,938 Posts
I weighed one of the SLX 12-36 9sp cassettes and it was a pound.... I fear what the 10 speed version will come out at. Cheaper...sure... lighter...not so much. In comparison, the 11-28 SLX 9s cassette was 228 grams. Personally I'd rather build a triple ring setup with 20-30-42 rings around that cassette than a double-ring with the 12-36 or future 11-36.

·
monster member
1,185 Posts
DeeEight said:
I weighed one of the SLX 12-36 9sp cassettes and it was a pound.... I fear what the 10 speed version will come out at. Cheaper...sure... lighter...not so much. In comparison, the 11-28 SLX 9s cassette was 228 grams. Personally I'd rather build a triple ring setup with 20-30-42 rings around that cassette than a double-ring with the 12-36 or future 11-36.
I was thinking along those lines also. The 2x10 trend is kind of moving some low, centralized mass and moving it to the rear wheel, increasing unsprung weight.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.