Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Fernie last weekend & the weekend before and had a total blast!
First chance to get out to a real bike park, and it was worth every minute. I didn't get a lot of pics of the first day, and not a whole lot on the second either. Just having too much fun riding.

So without further adieu, here's some pics

Attachments

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's fun from the second weekend. Had our friend out for the first time ever. He rocked on a Scott Nitrous 20 and suprised everyone with skrillz

Made one trip up the high-speed quad to run the Megasaurus. 2 hours later, 3 flats on Rob's bike, and a good crash from me(pictured climbing out of bush) we're back at the bottom. Adventure.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Group pic on the last run. Rob's monoquoque frame makes an excellent tripod.

and this is what around 24,000 ft of decent can do to rotors. Tiff, my GF rocked her little Norco so hard both days. Top Gun, Alternate Flight Pattern, Mr.Berms, she was smokin' on a short travel XCer. She's my hero. I think she beat your rotors Jake ;)

Attachments

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Last few to upload. No love so far:(

It was so awesome to see so many ladies out on the hill. New riders need to get over their fear of riding on the boardwalks, it's so e-a-s-y, but it's awesome to hear her guy coach her down.

Don't ask how someone's helmet ended up in a creek 10ft+ below the waterwheel.:p
I'm going back next weekend, and possibly the weekend after to check out Fernie Full Throttle

The Schedule

Friday, August 24th
Full Throttle Festival Kick Off – Outdoor Movies on “The BIG Screen”
· Reels of Wheels Film Contest
· Mountain Bike Film Showings
· Kokanee Beer Gardens

Saturday, August 25th
· Pancake Breakfast
· Slopestyle Bike Contest
· Family Mountain PlayZone
· Trials Area
· FREE Music for all! DJ & Live Band
· Kokanee Beer Gardens

Sunday, August 26th
· Rossignol Challege - Trail Run, Uphill Climb & Downhill
· Super D Enduro Race
· Family Mountain PlayZone
· Trials Area
· FREE Music for all! DJ & Live Band
· Kokanee Beer Gardens

INTERESTED IN GETTING INVOLVED?
Media, Volunteers or Sponsors please contact:

Karen Pepper
[email protected]
or call (250) 423-2401

Attachments

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ebxtreme said:
Sweet looking pics.

Fernie and Nelson.....two places I HAVE to ride.

EB

I've heard from a lot of people Nelson is an awesome place to ride. The old growth forest is beautiful, but the climbs can be killer.

Fernie has many miles of public trails with some sweet freeride, but you need a local familiar with the trails Bootleg too near Kimberley

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Killer man! I'm going to Fernie at the end of the month for a few days. Can't f'in wait!

Was there 2 years ago and had a lot of fun, seems they've really stepped it up since.

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Err said:
Killer man! I'm going to Fernie at the end of the month for a few days. Can't f'in wait!

Was there 2 years ago and had a lot of fun, seems they've really stepped it up since.

Ya bro, it's a busy place this summer! Bring a bike that runs well on stutter-bumps and can deal with the rocky chatter. It's been 7+ weeks since any real rain around here, so the trails are getting a little abused. Power Carve was shut down to install some new wood-work over a couple sections that were gnared to moondust

I wish people knew how to brake with their single-pivots. Top Gun & Mr. Berms have nasty chatter going into each corner, and 1 out of 10 know where the preferred line should be.

Top Gun, Ewok, Eville, Monorail and the Playground are my favorite recommendations:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts