Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife an I took the Knolly's out for a good workout this morning. We rode Powderface creek to Powderface Ridge in Kananaskis, just outside of Calgary Alberta. Pretty decent 2 hour singletrack climb with some really loose babyhead rocky sections, tough root ledges and some smooth singletrack grinds. This is the first time doing this ride with the new bikes and the difference was amazing. We both cleaned 99% of the trail and previously this has mostly been a hike-a-bike up due to all the loose rock. The traction with the new bikes is just so much better it came down to pure leg and lung power rather than traction or technical limitations.

The view from the ridge is pretty outstanding and the decent is amazing! I believe the ride is about 22km (lost my computer a while back so no exact numbers) and it's straight up, straight down with no level riding. Elevation gain is 2300ft. Probably the fastest 11km decent I've ever made!

I rode the delrium in DH mode with the 66 RC2X on it which wasn't exactly fun on the way up but I'm tired of switching forks...patiently waiting for my Endorphin to show up:D Yes, I ordered my second Knolly this week. The DT works so well for the shuttles/hike-a-bikes/epic DH's we climb to and bike park days that I'm selling the big bike and picking up an E for the days like today.

Couple pics of my wife on the climb up and rip down plus some views from the top. The pic of the gravelly climb here is not the rocky sections I mentioned...this would be one of teh smoother parts actually. No real action shots since I had the camera pack and was way too busy launching off everything I could find on the way down to stop for pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The popular trails in the area are busy enough on the weekends but not bad by any means. We tend to head out early as we like being home by noon to allow us to actually get some stuff done on weekends. We're generally one of the first vehicles at the trailhead and are leaving just as the mob shows up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.