Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Broken and dizzy
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys, just wanted to post a few frame grabs from this past weekends ride. Thanks to Scott, Shane and the rest of the Stewards of Soquel for keeping the trails in good shape and building this great new overpass/bridge thingy. :D Scott, thanks for taking the video/frame grabs!

The new bridge. Uber sturdy with great fall zones:

Me hitting it

Shanedawg giving it a go

Scott about to launch another hit further up the trail before the new bridge.

Shanedawg on the same line

Me boosting it

Shanedawg throwing down on this tricky little rock feature

·
pedal pusher
2,234 Posts
which trail...

was that on. I just rode Braille and didnt see that. Looks like fun, how big is the drop?

Sean

·
Broken and dizzy
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bridge in on Braille. It isn't really meant to be dropped as it has a down ramp. Ideally, you want to roll it. I actually don't remember hitting it like a drop. (I was following Shanedawg in that sequence and was just trying to keep up with him.) I don't think there's anything over a 4' drop out there.

·
Flyin Canine
2,274 Posts
smw said:
was that on. I just rode Braille and didnt see that. Looks like fun, how big is the drop?

Sean
The overpass is on braille and is brand spanking new from the trailwork day we had two weeks ago. There is another trailwork day this sunday. You can go to www.trailworkers.com to sign up. The drop is on ridge and is about 3ft mandatory, Rich obviously went WAY bigger. The rock is on another trail not in demo. You'll have to slow down a bit and keep your eyes open to see them. Really that is one of the reasons we build these cool ttf's (technical trail features) is to slow people down. While doing trailwork we notice people causing stutter bumps and blown out turns from high speeds right before turns so we figure if we put fun stuff on the side of the trail people will slow down to hit it and this will have a positive side effect of the trail holding up better. This has proven itself in the north shore so we're adapting that idea to demo. Big props to the CDF for all the hard work they put in out there to make sure the place is in great shape!

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
shanedawg said:
The overpass is on braille and is brand spanking new from the trailwork day we had two weeks ago. There is another trailwork day this sunday. You can go to www.trailworkers.com to sign up. The drop is on ridge and is about 3ft mandatory, Rich obviously went WAY bigger. The rock is on another trail not in demo. You'll have to slow down a bit and keep your eyes open to see them. Really that is one of the reasons we build these cool ttf's (technical trail features) is to slow people down. While doing trailwork we notice people causing stutter bumps and blown out turns from high speeds right before turns so we figure if we put fun stuff on the side of the trail people will slow down to hit it and this will have a positive side effect of the trail holding up better. This has proven itself in the north shore so we're adapting that idea to demo. Big props to the CDF for all the hard work they put in out there to make sure the place is in great shape!
Genius!

Never thought of it that way...but it makes perfect sense to me!

·
pedal pusher
2,234 Posts
shanedawg said:
great perspective, and great idea. thanks for the info.
Sean

·
Registered
240 Posts
Great job on the trail, and great justification for adding the features - cool additions and trail preservation. Now all we need are about three more trails dropping off of Ridge...oh yeah and a free shuttle back to the top.

Post future trailwork dates. I would definitely like to help when I can.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.