Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
It's the axle
1,765 Posts
Memories...

Man, I rode that back in the 80's. Tears come to my eyes now that I remember. Well, not really tears. Sweat. No, it's one of those wavy, out of focus, flashbacks like in the movies.

I remember there being a sort of love shack thing right down on the beach. It couldn't still be there. I wonder.

·
Village Dirtbag
2,284 Posts
cool. Is that your "local" ride? Is it all road, or is there singletrack? I'll have to check that out sometime. Maybe this weekend?

That picture on Vandenberg was taken at the top of Cumbar road, just a little ways south of Pt. Sal. Big dirt road climb.

I do most of my riding midweek on trails between La Purisma Mission and Vandenberg though...all around Vandenberg Village. There are a lot of trails right out my door, but a lot of them are unrideable, so you have to know the routes for good rides. Let me know if you want to ride sometime.

Redrock is pretty rough, even with full suspension. I imagine it'd be a real killer on a hardtail.

Gregg: are you talking about a shack on Pt. Sal Beach? There are some ruins and a foundation on the cliff above the beach. The road to Pt. Sal beach has been closed for years, so it is pretty secluded now. It is about a 1.5 mile hike from on base, and about 6 miles from off base. Last year we hiked in and there was a couple on a walk- ABOUT 1/2 MILE from THEIR CLOTHES! That was great- they thought they had the beach to themselves, which you usually do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lompoc Trails

Morning! Great pictures. I have been looking for some information on trails around the Lompoc area. Sounds like you would be a good source. We drive up to Lompoc to visit family monthly and would like to bring my bike so I can get out of the house and ride. If you're up to it, could you send me some good info on the trails? Here's my e-mail: [email protected].

Thanks...Todd

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wow those pic's took me by surprise!, I'm from Lompoc although I haven's been back much since '88. Hopefully one day I'll get to go back and relive some of my younger days rides. I actually did alot more road riding back then, if you want a good climb then find the Migueleto (sp?) canyon road out of town, it will carry you all the way to the ocean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.