Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Est. 1971
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to Ray's indoor mtb park in Clevelend over the x-mas holiday. Awsome place to get good skills riding in over the winter months and this year's addition on the XC course is great. Awsome new stunts! Some kinda experience riding up in the rafters!

Hopefully with winter turing the proverbial corner (at least for me New Years marks the nadir and the upswing) this be some motiviation to start training or get out to the 'meat' ride.

-Tim

Attachments

· Registered
1,351 Posts
Nice! Dry!

I'll bet this place is never empty. What must it be like to ride all winter with out getting your wheels wet, I think it would get boring real fast but I'd sure like to try and get bored there. Do they have a Pump track?

It's a shame Eugene doesn't have one of these places for the freeriders and huckers. Wouldn't it be a prefect use for the EWEB site.

Thanks for the pictures.

· Est. 1971
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, there is a short pump track in one corner.

I don't know if you'd get bored too easy, the stunts always keep you on your toes and Ray changes things up each year.

I was talking with a friend and even tho I"d love to have this in our backyard...I gotta believe Seattle would be a better business decision to get the B.C. Northshore riders.

· Est. 1971
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$18 IIRC. Rental bikes $10, free demo's. little 'picnic' area to one side (w/ fireplace) and menu's avaialable to order in.

I believe they're open from October/November through April.

· I bike long tyme.
1,108 Posts
Dude, you definitely hit concrete most of the time. I took about a 6' drop over the handlebars up there last January and thought I was gonna be in bad shape. Thanks to the gracious Bike God, I ended up not being hurt. I'm up there religiously over the winter as its only about 25 miles away. I wish every town that had to deal with the elements had something like this. Keeps your chops up and adds something different than just plugging away on the road on the commuter or waiting for the trails to get hard. And with our supremely mild winter this year, every northeast Ohio trail has been an absolute mudpit as nothing has froze over at all.
Ray's has been paradise.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.