Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
wants a taco
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after years and years of riding xc I finally had a chance to get out on a big bike and damn they are fun. We rode a bunch of trails at windrock if anyone has been out to east TN. Its really amazing how much the bike will soak up compared to even 5 in travel xc bikes and the super slack angles make up for even more operator error. Trails here are really technical, steep and rocky which made for a few hairy moments when trying to learn how to handle such a heavy bike. anyways to those who are interested heres some pics my buddy thomas took from our ride. If your really bored he posted a ride report here: Harvest the Ride

this is by far the steepest g out i have ever ridden

Jon was out killin it for his first time on a DH bike too

And we all know its important to get that first big wreck of the year out of the way early...so much for them there full face helmets, guess next time ill wear goggles. btw, this pic proves i can look even uglier than i normally do when i feel the need....

anyone else have some good new years rides?

·
wants a taco
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TheDon said:
I enjoy crashing and really enjoyed my first big spill in a steep rocky section.
Thats actually how the cut happened. I was wearing a full face helmet but no goggles and one of the guys who saw it said their just happened to be a pointy rock with perfect placement...oh well thats mountain biking.

I defintally plan on getting out some more, downhilling was a blast. It still amazes me how much that bike can make bigs rocks just dissapear underneath you.

thanks for the comments now lets see your new years ride pics:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.