Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Waiting to exhale.
1,030 Posts
At least you can drive around and find 40 bike shops near you! I have to drive two cities over to a bike shop where there is an old man in overalls sitting outside the bike shop with his spittoon (not sure if he even works there or not) talking bout "BOY, you go mess'n round with dem ol' mount'bikes in that there desert, gonna git yer self bit in the a$$ by dem there rattlers"

Hey, do you guys have any chris king headsets?
"we don't normally carry such high price stuffs like that." "I think we could order one fer ya........Ma',........ Ma', where'd ya put that big ol order book?!"

·
here today
5,926 Posts
SSINGA said:
The problem solvers were my first thought, but they won't mount to a vertical tube to run the cable/housing horizontal.

Thanks for all the suggestions - Looks like the Mani_UT way is the best option. If the cable stops were down the side of the top tube like the RFX it would not be a problem.

TS - that would be one big loop of flopping and tapping hyd line to loop all the way over the seat QR:eek: .
or you can use a Dia-Compe Rear Cable Hanger - hangs off the seat binder bolt

Attachments

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
ripv77 said:
You could see if Joe - Kona over on the Kona forum would know how to get one of these little guys :cool:

--rip
I was going to suggest that as well. Most newer Kona's come with exactly what you're looking for due to the same reason - cables getting stuck on the QR. Any Kona shop should be able to get you one of those.....and may even stock one (though doubtful, unless they poach one off a bike on the floor).

BTW, they're 34.9 mm diameter, so I assume that'll fit the Pack, correct? Also, you can email Joe @ konaworld.com to see if he can help you out.

Churs,
EB

FWIW, I have the ghetto zip-tie solution like Mani suggested on both bikes and it works fine, it just doesn't look as purty.

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
I asked to use my LBSs BBT-9

And the fools let me. It was worth the sixer of Fat Tire though cuz i got to ride..

21 - 25 of 25 Posts