Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Dodge Dakota p/u with a bedliner and a topper. I'd like to get some sort of a rack for it; last year I was laying my bike down without any problems except for the huge waste of space inside . I guess it would have to be a fork mount, and the seat post would of course have to be lowered. I'd rather not use a hitch mount rack because I'd like to lock everything inside. A lot of the racks I see for trucks are great, but they are for open trucks, a little high for a cap. Anybody have any preferences or suggestions? Thanks.

·
MTB NOLA
243 Posts
I have a "Undercover" bed cover... it's ABS composite material.. i wouldn't use my set up on a fiberglass cover... it has worked for me the last 2 years with no problems... i used a piece of flat iron, mounted 2 sette fork mounts.. drilled holes through cover to mount.. applied clear silicone to prevent leaks.. also, under the cover i have flat iron strips attached to distribute the load.... all for around $45.00

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.