1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6 Posts
First, how much do you have to spend? Second what kind of riding do you do ( dirt jumping, xc, all mountain, freeride, or downhill). Last, have you checked any local classifieds because that's where I my bike full supsension bike for under $800.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure what kind of riding im going to take to, i have only been on a few local trails a handful of times. All i know is that i enjoy what i have done so far and would like to indulge more in all that the sport has to offer. Im not looking to break the bank, looking to keep it under $500. A friend of mine directed me to bikesdirect.com, which is where i found the two that i listed in the OP.

·
Registered
431 Posts
take a look locally on craigs list and see what is out there, if you are new to biking bring a friend who knows about it. Also check your local bike shop and see what kind of deals they can give you.

If i had to pick one of those bikes i'd go with the bottom one, i think it has slightly better parts upon a very quick glance...

·
Registered
6 Posts
No offense but those bikes weren't the top of the line or anything and the reason I would suggest local or public classifieds would be because if you are buying from actual people the prices and a lot cheaper, If I were to look on my local classifieds right now I could find you a decent full suspension for under 500 dollars. If you don't have any local classifieds I would suggest ebay. If it's used it's gonna be a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
788 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts