Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I would like your input on those parts for compatibility being mostly new to part picking, I will send them to my LBS for assembly possibly order trought ... but do those parts makes sense to you guys?

The frame is a Surly Ogre

Front
DT Swiss H522 27.5" 36 spokes (25mm interior) - rated for heavy load
Shimano DH-3D37-NT Dynamo 36H disc centerlock - decent output
assorted dimension DT Swiss Champion 2mm - a classic reference

Back
DT Swiss H522 27.5" 36 spokes (25mm interior)
Shimano Deore FH-M6000 Disc 36H 135 x 10 mm 372g 8-10 speed - apparently the go to for 3x10 to use with a groupe in Shimano Deore M6000
assorted dimension DT Swiss Champion 2mm

* Intent is durability and ability to handle heavy load on road and trails

* Would Schwalbe Super Moto-X GreenGuard 27.5" Wired Tyre 27.5x2.4 (62-584) fit easily?

* Any recommandations for wheel builders around France and the Netherlands? Should I expect 50 euro for labour per wheel?

Thanks for reading this far!

Cheers

chroot

·
mtbpete
1,304 Posts
That looks nice and strong. Butted spokes have a longer fatigue life, but since you have 36 spokes I wouldn't worry about it. Brass nipples for this wheelset of course.

I recommend two or three layers of tubeless tape over rims strips even when running tubes because it fits the shape of your tubeless ready rim better and will allow tires to mount and dismount easier.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you changingleaf and NYrr496 for your replies,

I'll make sure to taped them well. Tandem wheels and e-bikes wheels would be a great choice for this kind of build indeed but I'd rather stay with DT for their rep.

After some quotes and other feedbacks I stumbled upon a good offer from david at DCRWheels with

DT Swiss HX491 rated up to 150 kg, dual Hope's hubs and Sapim Force with brass nipples. That frame can fits many size in it's rear .. so I went for the 142mm.

I think they are going to be just great!

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.