Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
mountaingoatcycles.com
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the pick six seems to be a fun topic, let's try it with a twist. Our bike list is @ http://mombat.org/Bike_Listing.htm Check it out and let us know what your favorite 6 bikes would be from the museum. Mine always seems to be changing, but a couple are perennial favorites:
Breezer Series II
Mantis Valkyrie
Goat Deluxe (with color matched Amp fork)
Goat Deluxe (green camo)
Schwinn Klunker conversion
Weigle Ice bike

Second level
Early Ritchey (not 100 sure which one though)
Mantis Sherpa
Annapurna
Salsa Scoboni (and yes it is a Scoboni 'cause that is the serial number!)
Grove Woods bike
Bradbury Manitou

Third level
Breezer Series III
Ibis SS with Campy
Potts (blue.white)
Ritchey with 24K parts (ugly but cool because of the owners "vision")
Cunningham
Goat tandem

·
Mtn Biker Machinist
1,298 Posts
Schwinn links not working?

I can't get the links to the schwinn bikes to connect. Is it just me. Really the question is, why am I looking at the schwinns when all those other classy rides are there!

frog

·
You down with entropy?
340 Posts
it appears that there is a problem with he firstflightbikes.com domain

I was there last summer and a top 6 is rough

88 Cunningham
80 Breezer series II
82 mountain Goat in camo
88 Ritchey Annapurna
87 or 90 Potts
90 Grove assault (but lots of others are also nice)

G

·
you need more Al and Ti bikes ;)

Breezer II
85 Annapurna
can't decide if the 82 or the 83 Goat but probably the 82 (camo green)
red 81 Ritchey Palo Alto
95 Mantra Pro(to)
83 Weigle IceCycle

edit: hmm, the 'ham slipped off the list. I'll take that one instead of the Mantra...

Carsten

·
mountaingoatcycles.com
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 cog frog said:
I can't get the links to the schwinn bikes to connect. Is it just me. Really the question is, why am I looking at the schwinns when all those other classy rides are there!

frog
double check that the www. is in the address. Our ISP has been changing servers and if you don't have the www it might not work. We are working to get it fixed but it is hard to get much done this time of year.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
First Flight said:
double check that the www. is in the address. Our ISP has been changing servers and if you don't have the www it might not work. We are working to get it fixed but it is hard to get much done this time of year.
clear your cache and try it again, Jeff. It's not working for me even with the www. It was like this over a week ago as well, but I figured you guys were on it.

As for my "pick 6", this is really hard. Do you still have this bike? I couldnt find it:

·
mountaingoatcycles.com
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fillet-brazed said:
clear your cache and try it again, Jeff. It's not working for me even with the www. It was like this over a week ago as well, but I figured you guys were on it.

As for my "pick 6", this is really hard. Do you still have this bike? I couldnt find it:

That's Wes's personal bike so it isn't on the site.

I think my current ISP must die! We have been with them for about 8 years now since they were a small locally owned company. The original owners sold the company and it has now gone to hell. The MOMBAT site is hosted by a different company so it is unaffected ......... but.....many of the links are back to FFB which is the problem. Right now, I get a backpacker girl offering cheap flights. I am sure that "tech support" is gone until after the first of the year!! GRRRRR

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.