Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in north Seattle and am looking for a good ride to do this weekend. I've done most things within about an hour but thats about it. I'm looking for something a little more epic. I was thinking Palisades or Middle Fork Snoqualmie. Any other suggestions for something within about 2 hoursish of Seattle? Something more alpine would be fun too.

·
I should be out riding
1,866 Posts
I'd say first, send in comment letters on the Colville and Okanogan-Wenatchee forest plans, or the riding choices might be a lot simpler. This time of year, I'd go alpine too. I'd go for Crystal rather then Palisades, as there's a more of an alpine feel to it IMO, and it doesn't get torn to crap by shuttlers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions :thumbsup: the orcas looks like something worth checking out but looks like i might as well combine it with a camping night there. Crystal looks great, for some reason I assumed it was further away, I will definitely check that out. Any suggestions on riding it clockwise or counter-clockwise?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Sorry to Hijack your thread but it is sort of on topic.. Are the trails around Hwy 410 okay for rain riding? Or maybe a better question, are some better than others? It looks like it is going to rain this weekend and have had a trip planned to ride there for quite some time. I was thinking about Crystal or maybe Skookum/Suntop.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
I'd say a tentative "yes" given we shouldn't get the brunt until next week. Big difference between this weekend and next's conditions. Problem is that they may start getting snow up top in a few weeks. Skookum/White River is pretty good well into fall though with the lower elevation.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Go east and ride Lake Wenatchee area trails??? Chikamin? It's amazing how little rain makes it over the cascade crest there. It could be pouring rain on the masses at the bike park opening but 20 miles down Hwy 2 it's sunny clear and beautiful.

*** I'm going to agree with Borneo about the winter. The Indian Summer has been nice but snow is coming fast. I've gotta get my smoke-machine ready to go!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.