Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to upgrade the fork on my hardtail. I use the bike for adventure races so the terrain varies from paved roads to pretty technical singletrack. I don't want anything especially complicated or expensive.

I'm lookiing at the '05 Zoke MX Comp w/ ETA and the '04 RS Duke XC. The Duke is available HydraAir or U-Turn Coil. I do not want to change the geometry of my bike so I am limited to an 85 to 100mm travel fork. I also use (& want to continue) v-brakes so some of the good deals available aren't options because they're disc only. I can get these forks for the same price ($250 + S/H). Any thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks.

Spooler

·
Registered
10,027 Posts
Spooler said:
I want to upgrade the fork on my hardtail. I use the bike for adventure races so the terrain varies from paved roads to pretty technical singletrack. I don't want anything especially complicated or expensive.

I'm lookiing at the '05 Zoke MX Comp w/ ETA and the '04 RS Duke XC. The Duke is available HydraAir or U-Turn Coil. I do not want to change the geometry of my bike so I am limited to an 85 to 100mm travel fork. I also use (& want to continue) v-brakes so some of the good deals available aren't options because they're disc only. I can get these forks for the same price ($250 + S/H). Any thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks.

Spooler
If it was me I would be leaning more towards the Marzocchi mainly due to their excellent customer service. I have not been to impressed/pleased with RS products in the past few years, so I would be very cautious. That being said MB action made a comment on the Duke claiming it to be a fork with no tuning options, but you just ride it and it works......

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
006_007 said:
If it was me I would be leaning more towards the Marzocchi mainly due to their excellent customer service. I have not been to impressed/pleased with RS products in the past few years, so I would be very cautious. That being said MB action made a comment on the Duke claiming it to be a fork with no tuning options, but you just ride it and it works......
From what I've gathered (never actually owned one) the Duke was a pretty unreliable product. I'd go towards the Zoke too..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.