Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I know of two frame breakages on the new iggys supers and from what I read they were all handled well and right away (new frames). I am somewhat new to the IBEX family and haven't had any issues with my bike. Give them a call and talk to them if you have any questions.

Rich S.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RichS said:
I know of two frame breakages on the new iggys supers and from what I read they were all handled well and right away (new frames). I am somewhat new to the IBEX family and haven't had any issues with my bike. Give them a call and talk to them if you have any questions.

Rich S.
thanks... its just nice to here from consumers about their support.

·
lotto baby
553 Posts
what kind of riding are you going to be doing? given you're in the AM forum... i'm not sure if you'd necessarily want these rides for AM style riding.

maybe you could find a on-one 456 frame - build it up cheap - that would be more fit for AM riding...

i see the components point above - the ibex has better ones - but components are components, they break before they wear out...

also consider the carbon vs. the aluminum... aluminum is a harsh ride. i have a steel HT and had a alum HT - there is a difference. you might want to ride a bike with carbon stays - there will be a difference.

i also have the reba race - i'm not thrilled with it - you'll probably eventually want to upgrade the thing...

plus the jamis is a little cheaper - if you wait, you could probably find one on closeout, and get some local service thrown in if you buy local (always an issue when you talk buying over the net).

also - is the jamis lighter? i see the ibex weighs in lighter, but thats sans-pedals. does the jamis total weight include pedals? if you care about weight, that could be a factor.

just playing a little devil's advocate.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mrpercussive said:
a shock pump...
http://www.ibexbikes.com/accessories_index.html

I would also advise to get some derailluer hangers while your there in case you bend yours and some spare tubes and a pump...
how is the mini pump... since the shock pump is out of stock. Also what exactly are deraillur hangers. Im assuming the spare tubes are for the pump... I know, I'm a major noob.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.