Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
I guess that depends on what fork you plan on going with. If you are already planning to run a Marz AM1 go with the java since you can get a fork to match, otherwise my vote is Ti Gold.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Sparkle silver?

peachy-B said:
rickthewelder works for intense... so i would trust that what he posted IS Ti-Gold. it might just be hard to capture on camera. Too subtle... like the black bronze?
That top one looks identical to sparkle silver, and the one from Rick the Welder looks too far away to determine if it looks like the one on top. Pictures often deceive, and you can tell the graphics on the decals for the picture from Rick the Welder are a bit different than the one on top.

Tough to tell, my guess is its a very light gold.

·
rain rain go away...
1,195 Posts
esquire,

the pic rick posted is not a 6.6 but a Spider. he's just trying to show the colour.

'very light gold'.... my guess as well. Maybe like a warmer tint of Titanium colour.

·
No dear i got it cheaper
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good man, just been talking to my Intense dealer and he says if i order the Java or Ti-gold i'm looking at a 12 week wait.......bugger. He's getting a few frames in the week before Xmas so i think me choice is satin black and a Marzocchi 66 hmmmmm but which model. Also im 6'3" and thinking of getting a medium as i hear there quite big bikes or am i pushing it abit.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I'll try again to give a better look, I cropped the picture to show more of the color up close, but I'm a welder, not a I.T.
The color is the sweetest looking I've ever seen. It is a cross between silver and gold, and like the black bronze looks different in the sunlight. This pic was taken the day before Thanksgiving, and believe it or not it was cloudy in Southern California.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
tails said:
Good man, just been talking to my Intense dealer and he says if i order the Java or Ti-gold i'm looking at a 12 week wait.......bugger. He's getting a few frames in the week before Xmas so i think me choice is satin black and a Marzocchi 66 hmmmmm but which model. Also im 6'3" and thinking of getting a medium as i hear there quite big bikes or am i pushing it abit.
Have your dealer call Chad or Nick right now, I believe they have a Ti Gold Medium. Or they did the other day when I called. As well as Red, Silver, White, Baby Blue, Yellow, BRG and Blue Steel.

Oh, just saw that you are 6'3". I think thats pushing the medium a bit far, but if memory serves, they might have a large in Ti Gold too. Just have him check, can't hurt.

Good luck, that Ti Gold is interesting.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
rickthewelder said:
I'll try again to give a better look, I cropped the picture to show more of the color up close, but I'm a welder, not a I.T.
The color is the sweetest looking I've ever seen. It is a cross between silver and gold, and like the black bronze looks different in the sunlight. This pic was taken the day before Thanksgiving, and believe it or not it was cloudy in Southern California.
RTW i really wish that black bronze made a comeback! that's the color i would have chosen if it were avail....

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi there, be careful mate about ordering a medium. I'm 6'2" and had considered a medium 5.5, however i had a chance to test ride a medium and a large on the same day. Once i sat on the medium i knew it was going to be to cramped. Out on the trails and after 4 hours of varying terrain this proved true, rode the medium for about 30-40 mins and the large the rest of the time. Test ride if you can as it will reassure your confidence on spending the big £/$ 's. Good luck:thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.