Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Sorry about the pic quality, it's just a grab shot from the shed. Not my normal work. :)

Anyway, the two rockers are aligned so the center pivot and shock eyelet bolts line up. The rear rocker is the 5.3 version, and the front is the 5.1. The 5.3 is slightly longer and rotates the seat stays up and back slightly, presumably along a circumference with its radius drawn through the rear wheel axle, so as not to change the bb height. I did not measure anything. Let me know if you need the numbers for some reason.

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
tscheezy said:
Anyway, the two rockers are aligned so the center pivot and shock eyelet bolts line up. The rear rocker is the 5.3 version, and the front is the 5.1.
Tscheezy, do the '05 Spots come with the 5.3 version rocker? Just wondering what I have since I just got one of the last small '05 Spots.

·
deez nuts
228 Posts
I have a 2004.5 and am unsure which rockers I have. I think you may have covered this a while back so I apoligize if this is out there somewhere. I tried doing a search on 5.1 rocker but couldn't find the info I was looking for.

Thanks,

Shaft

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
It looks like it would suffice to know the eye to eye of the rocker to know the difference, the distance betwen the shock bolt and seatstay pivot. Would you mind measuring that on a 5.3 rocker, Tcheesy?

_MK

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
MK_ said:
It looks like it would suffice to know the eye to eye of the rocker to know the difference, the distance betwen the shock bolt and seatstay pivot. Would you mind measuring that on a 5.3 rocker, Tcheesy?

_MK
Here's what Tscheezy posted on the "Turner rocker thread":

"The 5.1 is 214mm long from the shock eyelet bolt to the seatstay bolt, c-c. The 5.3 is 222mm."

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
SCUBAPRO said:
Here's what Tscheezy posted on the "Turner rocker thread":

"The 5.1 is 214mm long from the shock eyelet bolt to the seatstay bolt, c-c. The 5.3 is 222mm."
Sweet, thanks.

_MK

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.