Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These trails are awesome. I would definately recommend them for somebody whos past the beginer stage, and not quite the intermediate stage (me!). There were a fair share of hill climbs, rock beds, bridges, tight corners, and a couple of skinny bridges as well. Myself and my riding partner had a great time out there. Found a small drop, perfect for learning. Pictures are alittle blurry, but I'll post them for ya'll anyways. Anybody interested in a tour, let me know. I'm gona be heading out here often in the next few weeks. I'll pack the digital rebel for better shots.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Yeah I'm in there quite often because it's just down the street from me. It's a perfect place for beginners, or people like me who just want a good hour or so workout. Aside from a few pretty nice climbs there's nothing in there particularly tricky.

Good stuff.

·
In the rear with the gear
494 Posts
Managuense said:
Yeah I'm in there quite often because it's just down the street from me. It's a perfect place for beginners, or people like me who just want a good hour or so workout. Aside from a few pretty nice climbs there's nothing in there particularly tricky
Really? I have heard the contrary. I rode the green trail loop around the swamp at Westwoods on Sunday and that was an a$$ kicker. Should have went there.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm trying to put together a ride on Saturday at 1200. You should join, I've been there a few times since I posted those photos. Still have a blast every time I'm out there.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
RemfSS said:
Really? I have heard the contrary. I rode the green trail loop around the swamp at Westwoods on Sunday and that was an a$$ kicker. Should have went there.
Well the main trails in Timberlands are old old double track road. It's just as hilly as WWs as you head up north towards Rt 80, but much less technical. Of course that's just the main trails-white-yellow-red-green. Yellow has some trick spots over the stream which i'm not sure is entirely rideable, at least not by me. There's a bunch of smaller side trails which vary as to rideability. Alot of them just peter out to nothingness, but the main trails are very well marked and maintained.

I pretty much just use it for an hour route of about 7 miles. For that it serves its purpose and doesn't beat me up nearly as much as Westwoods or Chatfield. In fact, I'm headed out there in about an hour.

·
In the rear with the gear
494 Posts
Well, next time I am in the area, I think I might have to have to hit up Chatfield instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts