Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right - thanks for all the help and advice on here,

I really don't think I ever wanted anything but the Ventana...

Just need your help once more !

What Colour & what shock ? Float or RP23 ?

Lets see your pics please :)

cheers

Justin

·
Shot Down in Flames...
1,218 Posts
Not that many people have Ciclons yet. Most of those that do have already posted pics in other threads.

There are plenty pics of El Salts in the Set-Up thread.

RP23 unless you plan on PUSHing seems to be the consensus.

D.

·
Arnborg strik
658 Posts
Here's mine

Sorry for the crappy pictures;)
Actually i got mine about a 6-7 weeks or so ago:) but i was still
waiting for a few parts,so i couldnt build it up.
To make a long story short,i finished the build,but it didnt
look right.
Took of the headset (CK Ti) seatpost and stem (both Thomson elite)
So now im waiting for a new seatpost/stem + i cant decide which headset
to put on:confused:
Cane Creek solos or FSA Orbit Extreme,got both lined up here,but just cant decide:madman:

I absolutely love the candy apple red colour,and the welds on the frame is even more
beatyful than the ones on my (former) Intense 5.5.

Attachments

·
Arnborg strik
658 Posts
Thanks

justa said:
wow - very nice

what forks are they ?

I think black stem/seat post would look best..
I came to the same conclusion,so im waiting for a Syntace Superforce stem
and P6 seatpost.
Also decided for the black headset.

The fork is a Rock Shox Lyrik Coil

·
Super Moderator
20,807 Posts
wannabe_salty said:
Beautiful build. Why did you rid the bike of a CK headset? And, how do like those cables?! Give us the skinny...
I may have a clue... Thomas, did you take the CK headset off because of the creaking reports when used with Lyriks??

·
Registered
158 Posts
RP23 unless you plan to PUSH ?

D-Rock said:
Not that many people have Ciclons yet. Most of those that do have already posted pics in other threads.

There are plenty pics of El Salts in the Set-Up thread.

RP23 unless you plan on PUSHing seems to be the consensus.

D.
Can you elaborate on this comment at all.... I haven't been following the shock forums. Thanks..

·
Super Moderator
20,807 Posts
eddieshowcase said:
Can you elaborate on this comment at all.... I haven't been following the shock forums. Thanks..
He means that unless you plan to send your Fox shock (Float R for example) to Push Industries for custom tuning, the best "stock" shock for the bike is the RP23...

·
Registered
158 Posts
crisillo said:
He means that unless you plan to send your Fox shock (Float R for example) to Push Industries for custom tuning, the best "stock" shock for the bike is the RP23...
OK, I would agree with your reply, but I read into that comment that the Float R makes for a better shock to PUSH.

The reason I ask is that I'm planning on ordering a new El Ciclon, and plan on eventually PUSH'ing whatever shock I get... so I was asking why the Fox Float is better a better PUSH over the RP23?

Thanks again.

·
Shot Down in Flames...
1,218 Posts
crisillo said:
Exactly.

Thanks for the clarification crisillo.

D.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I will post a picture of my Army Green El Ciclon as soon as it arrives.......it's enroute via FedEx.......
jealous,,, thats the frame i want. sorry to be rude but how much for the paint upgrade? can not weight to see the pics.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Oohhhh, the waiting.

mtnbiker4life said:
I will post a picture of my Army Green El Ciclon as soon as it arrives.......it's enroute via FedEx.......:D
Glad to hear you pulled the trigger on the Ciclon. You are gonna have a blast on it. Definitely get some pics, I'm curious what it'll look like in that green. Still waiting to see Larry post up some pics of the bass boat silver Ciclon that we got a peek at recently, as well.

·
The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
3,783 Posts
yeti_80210 said:
jealous,,, thats the frame i want. sorry to be rude but how much for the paint upgrade? can not weight to see the pics.
The paint was a $150 upgrade............I wanted it will match my camo Giro Xen helmet....I'm mounting my AR-15 to my handlbars....:D But seriously Cosmic Orange and Army Green are the colors to have. ;)

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Anyone know whether Ventana can do matte finishes as well?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts