Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gonzostrike said:
ditto on the finish.

what color is that? it looks almost like an army green with flake in it.
Pretty close, amigo. It's "green-gray" (I can get the RAL number later this week) with Superdust 2 over the top.

I told Teresa to "just wait and see" how people would react to this color choice. If you guys end up getting your rides painted, maybe Teresa will credit me some $$ money for making me pay for the color.
;)

Ventana should have it in stock, so you guys will probably get a better deal on the color than I did. Maybe they'll name the color after me :D

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
SVSocrates said:
Pretty close, amigo. It's "green-gray" (I can get the RAL number later this week) with Superdust 2 over the top.

I told Teresa to "just wait and see" how people would react to this color choice. If you guys end up getting your rides painted, maybe Teresa will credit me some $$ money for making me pay for the color.
;)

Ventana should have it in stock, so you guys will probably get a better deal on the color than I did. Maybe they'll name the color after me :D
I think you nailed it. I will definitely lean towards that for my next Ventana.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bike_freak said:
Sweet ride! Nice colour!

Are those CK pewter hubs? Nice choice!

How do you like the Hayes el caminos?
Yes, pewter hubs. Haven't ridden yet, so not sure about the El Caminos. Also, these are my first disc brakes so I have no standard for comparison, but I'll give you my impressions as my experience grows.

SV

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Green-Gray = RAL 7009.

FoShizzle said:
I think you nailed it. I will definitely lean towards that for my next Ventana.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
I think you can get either more metal-flake or less depending on what grade of SuperDust you put over the top. Maybe by the time you paint yours, Kraig will have figured out if it's possible to do it in a matte finish.

Best,

SV

·
on a routine expedition
1,585 Posts
SVSocrates said:
Maybe by the time you paint yours, Kraig will have figured out if it's possible to do it in a matte finish.
I think they could put a matte clear over the color coat. I recently had my frame powdercoated and had them do this. Looks good. I think it would look sweet with that green-gray you chose.

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Shot Down in Flames...
1,218 Posts
Kung Fu grip indeed!!!

Now you do know that the GI Joe Green Salty is screaming for 5" rockers and a Desert Storm AM1. :D

Sweet set up! Let us know how you like the El Caminos.

D.

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
D-Rock said:
Now you do know that the GI Joe Green Salty is screaming for 5" rockers and a Desert Storm AM1. :D

Sweet set up! Let us know how you like the El Caminos.

D.
Let me break a collarbone before you start upgrading me to 5" and the AM1!
:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.