Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Don't mess with a 29er
115 Posts
Great build especially the silver sidewalls go nicely with the rear triangle - but why would you show separate pictures of your rear derailleur or your pedals? Everyone knows what they look like...

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Sweet bike and oh so sweet pictures, for me even though I know what a rear Der and Time pedals look like, am stoked you posted them.... One can never tire from looking at great photos...

Enjoy that bad boy....

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Another one drinks the KoolAid and says Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh :D Nice looking El Rey and build on it, like the images too :thumbsup:

Not to be anal, but I've seen it a few times now and well it's getting to me. The proper name of the bike is an EL REY, which is not english, but in fact spanish for "The King" in case you peeps didn't know (Sheerwood wasn't trying to be cool spelling "Ray" wrong) all Ventana bikes have spanish names - just FYI.

·
No Clue Crew
7,668 Posts
Did you ride that bike on the trail or carry it in for the photo shoot?

Don't know how you guys keep your junk so clean. I can ride 10 feet on our trails and my bike will be filthy.
d

·
sh*t eater
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
megalow maniac said:
Great build especially the silver sidewalls go nicely with the rear triangle - but why would you show separate pictures of your rear derailleur or your pedals? Everyone knows what they look like...
I took photos of every component on the bike....that's just how I roll :) Heck I was taking pictures before I even had the frame.

·
sh*t eater
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LyNx said:
Another one drinks the KoolAid and says Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh :D Nice looking El Rey and build on it, like the images too :thumbsup:

Not to be anal, but I've seen it a few times now and well it's getting to me. The proper name of the bike is an EL REY, which is not english, but in fact spanish for "The King" in case you peeps didn't know (Sheerwood wasn't trying to be cool spelling "Ray" wrong) all Ventana bikes have spanish names - just FYI.
Yeah I gotta get my brain to stop calling it Ray. I even have a photo to remind me of the name.

·
sh*t eater
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Soupboy said:
Nice work Scott. Needs a basher and a good throttling.
I really wanted to get it out to Lebanon yesterday for its first ride on dirt so I just ran what I had. Still need a new bottom bracket as right now I can't even have an inner ring cause my BB is to short. The biggest weak spot is my square taper Next LPs. The 5-arm pattern makes it harder to have a nice bashguard. Time to start banking some money to pick up some new cranks.

·
sh*t eater
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Blatant said:
Did you ride that bike on the trail or carry it in for the photo shoot?

Don't know how you guys keep your junk so clean. I can ride 10 feet on our trails and my bike will be filthy.
d
I did one loop of one of our local trail then headed off to the woods to have some alone time with my new bike :D

·
HMFIC
370 Posts
Sweet looking bike and as others have noted - very nice photography work. I had an option to go with an El Rey at the time I bought my Sultan. Ended up going Turner, but the El Rey is a great looking setup. Enjoy the new ride!

Yeah I gotta get my brain to stop calling it Ray. I even have a photo to remind me of the name.
The other option would be to get JNC to cut you some custom top tube decals that say "El Ray" in the same font/color. I'd do it in a heartbeat. That or I'd get "El Ispellithoweverthehelliwant." I'm pretty sure that's Spanish for "FU MTBR peanut gallery," but my language skills are rusty... ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.