Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They're all sorted and posted. The race photos have all been edited, the practice photos haven't been edited. There are two galleries for practice - those with plates and those without. I can always tell when it's the beginning of the season - about half the practice riders have no plates. If you want to find your images really fast and and easily, wear your plate during practice. Otherwise you have to search through 300 shots. Sorry guys!

Anyway, here's the link http://www.jodygomez.com/g/13-14january07

PhotoMom
 

·
Old No. 7
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
I tried "stealing" my crash sequence to post here but couldn't right click your shots...
Great photos!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, several people fell during practice because of the wind up on the top. Some people got blown over when they jumped that little rock section in the flat spot towards the top. It was so funny because everyone who fell over got up and said "What happened?!" They were perfectly lined up, and then they were on the ground. It would have been funny if it wasn't so darn cold up there.
 

·
bi-winning
Joined
·
11,109 Posts
fred.r said:
I tried "stealing" my crash sequence to post here but couldn't right click your shots...
Great photos!
you can still steal them without right clicking, but if you don't know how, i am not going to be the one to tell you how to rip off photomom.
 

·
Old No. 7
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
Coley said:
your the only one that takes more than one shot lol fred.r your the one that fell!
At first I thought this was a fat joke.........
And like Photomom said, a lot of people went down there because of the wind, when I got up from my crash and moved my bike, a dude came down and did the same exact thing I did. Made for good looking shots none the less.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Thanks for taking multiple shots Jody they look great, it was nice getting to meet you at the race, im part of the SBF crew we talked a bit about bootleg etc etc and look forward to picking up a few of the shoots you took of 336ZA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rkj__ said:
you can still steal them without right clicking, but if you don't know how, i am not going to be the one to tell you how to rip off photomom.
Thanks rkj... I hope you all put "Photo by www.JodyGomez.com" in the photo caption on your myspace page for all the photos that are "borrowed" from my site. I also hope that everyone that has "borrowed" one of my images has bought at least one print from me - I mean seriously - how many photographers were suffering with you guys on Saturday (all freezing day)??? :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
fred.r said:
At first I thought this was a fat joke.........
And like Photomom said, a lot of people went down there because of the wind, when I got up from my crash and moved my bike, a dude came down and did the same exact thing I did. Made for good looking shots none the less.
Yup. I tried to tell you guys to roll that jump, but no one listens to PhotoMom (as usual). :nono:
 

·
bi-winning
Joined
·
11,109 Posts
PhotoMom said:
Thanks rkj... I hope you all put "Photo by www.JodyGomez.com" in the photo caption on your myspace page for all the photos that are "borrowed" from my site. I also hope that everyone that has "borrowed" one of my images has bought at least one print from me - I mean seriously - how many photographers were suffering with you guys on Saturday (all freezing day)??? :thumbsup:
Oh don't worry, i'm not ripping YOU off. I'm from Canada, and nowhere near Fontana. I actually don't race DH either. i just like to look at the pictures. :cool:
 

·
Old No. 7
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
Man, I didn't realize it untill just now, in the first frame of my sequence, you can see my rear tire is pretty much in line with the biger rocks, which is like 2 feet or so to the left of the line you should be on, that wind must has really pushed me over far and fast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
fsdmusic said:
Thanks for taking multiple shots Jody they look great, it was nice getting to meet you at the race, im part of the SBF crew we talked a bit about bootleg etc etc and look forward to picking up a few of the shoots you took of 336ZA
You're welcome... I like this one.
 

Attachments

·
Old No. 7
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
PhotoMom said:
Yup. I tried to tell you guys to roll that jump, but no one listens to PhotoMom (as usual). :nono:
I LISTENED! After I fell I brushed off, pushed back up, and rolled it just like you said, worked like a charm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
'Bout Time

fred.r said:
I LISTENED! After I fell I brushed off, pushed back up, and rolled it just like you said, worked like a charm.
'bout time someone listens to me! When you look at tens of thousands of racers at several frames per second - you get to a point where you can just about tell what's going to happen. I can tell why some of you crash when you do, and why you slow down in corners, and all kinds of other stuff, and I've never ridden downhill in my life. Same thing when I used to shoot PBR (the bull riders on TV). It got to the point where a couple of the top bull riders in the world would ask me what they did wrong and I could tell them exactly what they did to get themselves bucked off.

As they say, "those who can't - teach"

:p
 
1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top