Leica M9 33 %
Canon EOS 7D 23 %
Nikon D3S 20 %
Olympus E-P1 11 %
Panasonic Lumix GF1 7 %
Sony Alpha A850 4 %
Panasonic Lumix GH1 2 %

Expires: 2011-01-05 Total Votes: 148
Being this is a MTB site and we're emptybeers, I'm gunna chime in.

Why isn't the canon G10/G11 listed? it's about as good as you can get in a smallish form factor. The EOS is too large/bulky to strap to a camelbak chest strap while riding and will barely fit inside a camelbak mule.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
iheartbicycles said:
Being this is a MTB site and we're emptybeers, I'm gunna chime in.

Why isn't the canon G10/G11 listed? it's about as good as you can get in a smallish form factor. The EOS is too large/bulky to strap to a camelbak chest strap while riding and will barely fit inside a camelbak mule.
Yeppers. All my photos are with a G9.

I have a Nikon slr now but the G9 still rules cause it's always with me and ready.

fc

·
It's about showing up.
12,738 Posts
Those ARE all too big

I use a Nikon S630 for MTB. For work, for portraits, I need about a 100mm focal length lens for portraits and an f8 for sharpness. How much camera do you need?

As such this thread is nearly off-topic.:D

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,165 Posts
Interesting from my standpoint as I'm starting to hopefully shop for a "bigger" camera. I'll read through all the reviews for those 10 later.
Butt :ciappa: for MTB purposes, those are too big for an easy access, quick shot.

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Katana said:
My nod for camera of the year...No batteries needed, works in the rain, snow, sand storms, etc....oh yeah, it uses film too...
Jeez, no wonder you wear such a big camelbak!

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Katana said:
My nod for camera of the year...No batteries needed, works in the rain, snow, sand storms, etc....oh yeah, it uses film too...
I still can't believe this is one image! What's the exposure time on that?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Katana said:
Hasselblad's rule. I've always wanted one but can't really justify it since my only darkroom experience was back in High School. Nice looking stuff on your website too.

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
francois said:
Photojohn showed me that camera when he was here. It is the small camera ruler.

fc
It's got the same sensor as the g11, is smaller and $100 less. Fewer adjustments and doesn't shoot in raw format, though.

·
Registered
710 Posts
iheartbicycles said:
Fewer adjustments and doesn't shoot in raw format, though.
Not true, the S90 has an option for RAW + JPEG mode. The S90 is a nice camera, just wish it would shoot images faster than 1 every 3 seconds (got spoiled with my DSLR).

Not sure about the number of adjustments, seems to have plenty for me and it does pretty well in low light situations.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.