Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's Friday and time to have some fun. I'm not much into Photo Shop but I want to learn more. So here are my thoughts. I post a typical mountain bike photo and see what you can do to it with Photo Shop. Please let everyone know what you did to it so we can all learn. Thanks

Attachments

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
OK, its Friday and I've got some free time so here are two quick attempts I threw together.

One is done by using a Motion Blur filter and then applying an edit mask to let the rider be in focus while giving the background the "I can tell what it is but I'm not distracted by it" type of feeling.

The other is a slight tweak on the first, having given the background a little more texture for a less realistic type image.

Attachments

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Howabout subtle?....

Jeese, it's a great pic...why chop it all up?

Oh ya....

I increased the sharpness.
did a shadow enhance
duotone with 50% original color
tweaked the histogram using an s-curve.
Burned some of the highlights using a 20 pixel burn tool at 20%.

Maybe some missed andy's point...or maybe I did...it is friday...so jokes and serious things are conflicting friday events.

·
Medium?
6,731 Posts
Hardtails Are Better said:
Can you give some tips on doing stuff like that? I'm kind of a Photoshop noob.
First, you need to know all about layers. If you don't, go through the tutorial.

Second, you need to have the lighting the same on both pics. You can easily see that the flash on the bike & rider is much stronger than on the bricks. A slave flash could make it look like that too, I suppose.

Third, get some beers and some patience. At full 5Mpix resolution, I carefully erased around the spokes and knobbies to allow the background through. It took a long time. 2 hours?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Andy aka Rut said:
It's Friday and time to have some fun. I'm not much into Photo Shop but I want to learn more. So here are my thoughts. I post a typical mountain bike photo and see what you can do to it with Photo Shop. Please let everyone know what you did to it so we can all learn. Thanks
Here's what I did: dicked around for a coupla hours with Photoshmop CS2, and made aosty ride through a wet, warm, sunny day instead. Don't ask me how, though, cause I have no idea.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.