Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, for a while i've been wondering how to make photo sequences? HOw to put all the pics together into one frame, What programs do i need and everything?
here is one someone just posted that is sick

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks snaky. im not sure if my video cam can take a bunch of pics at once, but could i just take video and then take pics (in some program like movie maker u can pause the vid and take pics where wanted) and thennn overlap them? that sounds likei t would work, right?

·
I post too much.
6,445 Posts
ontario_bike said:
ok thanks snaky. im not sure if my video cam can take a bunch of pics at once, but could i just take video and then take pics (in some program like movie maker u can pause the vid and take pics where wanted) and thennn overlap them? that sounds likei t would work, right?
Yes it would work. If your camera has pretty high quality image it also helps an awful lot.

Remain very still(IE do not follow the biker with the camera), if the background moves it makes it all the more difficult to make a good sequence.

·
Registered
177 Posts
what u could do, but might not turn out good, is take a video, then play it on your computer, and take screen shots which i forgot how to do. then go into photoshop and cut out everything but the rider and the bike and put them together on the background

·
is down to roll...
727 Posts
If you pan and shoot, there will be distortion. Meaning, if you stand in one place and rotate, the pics will look like this:
http://www.msdhw.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=2341&c=9
(that's f0ggy, btw)
The Cannon powershot I use came with software that actually distorts the image for you:
http://www.msdhw.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=1704&c=13

That one was super-easy.^
(that's timmeat, btw)

Eitherway, try cropping the photo sequence when you're done, and yes, Photoshop is the bestest program to work with.
-Rich

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
sequences are sick....getting a decent camera with like 3 fps, or 5 fps helps a great deal.

i used photoshop for these, simply lock base picture copy paste move erase where needed and mege down

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
East Bay Rich said:
If you pan and shoot, there will be distortion. Meaning, if you stand in one place and rotate, the pics will look like this:
http://www.msdhw.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=2341&c=9
(that's f0ggy, btw)
The Cannon powershot I use came with software that actually distorts the image for you:
http://www.msdhw.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=1704&c=13

That one was super-easy.^
(that's timmeat, btw)

Eitherway, try cropping the photo sequence when you're done, and yes, Photoshop is the bestest program to work with.
-Rich
ah that was so long ago what 4 months? times have changed richhy rich, when we gonna ride again, head on down this way and ill show you around and you can take pictures of me ;)

·
Registered
646 Posts
yeah i used photoshop for the one you posted ontario. I paned with the rider though. basically what i do is make my canvas as about 600 % longer then necessary then anchor the pic where it needs to be. then you open the other pictures in the series and drag them into the large canvas. Then you will have a layer for every picture. by turning down the opacity you can match up the land marks in the photo then you cut out what is uneccessary. also you have to use gradients etc to get the colos perfect and no lines. sorry if its confusing i could explain it better if you want to pm me and i'll walk ya through it

·
I post too much.
6,445 Posts
boyfromthelak said:
yeah i used photoshop for the one you posted ontario. I paned with the rider though. basically what i do is make my canvas as about 600 % longer then necessary then anchor the pic where it needs to be. then you open the other pictures in the series and drag them into the large canvas. Then you will have a layer for every picture. by turning down the opacity you can match up the land marks in the photo then you cut out what is uneccessary. also you have to use gradients etc to get the colos perfect and no lines. sorry if its confusing i could explain it better if you want to pm me and i'll walk ya through it
If I had a few pictures to work with I'd probably be able to do it. But nobody has a camera that takes pictures fast enough. My only hope would be my friend's video camera(it shoots frickin' well).

·
Registered
646 Posts
yeah its really simple just the gradients and the opacticity matching eliminates the lines you see in the kids sequences above(no offense im a photo snob.) Also it helps a lot if the camera your shooting with has manual mode so that you can use the same exposure for every shot leading to no differences in color

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, i have the trial of CS2, and I have taken a bunch of pics from a backflip skiing. how do i copy and paste them over eachother or what ever? i hav never used photo shop, so try to be VERY in depth, thanks!

·
Registered
646 Posts

·
dirt rules
3,050 Posts
boyfromthelak said:
http://www.picturecorrect.com/photoshoptips/creating_action_sequences_copying_people.htm
one way to do it. willl get the step by step of how i do it from my digital photgraphy teacher tommorow. im bad at explaing things so that will be easier for me and probally esier for you to understand. but you can start out by trying the way in the link above i don't know if it works just onlt tutorial i could find at the moment
That's kindof a weird way to do it, but looks interesting, and fairly simple.
I usually do the layer bit like boyfromthelak does, then just erase the excess on each new layer.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Photo-John said:
(Actually, photographers are generally chubby dorks. But we'll keep that to ourselves, mmkay?)
That pic of you and the doughnuts (moab I think......)

That's burned in my mind like my virginity walking out the door.....

Just about as sexy though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.