Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rough week of riding up here. I haven't fully embraced the cold and snow yet. Dug all my stuff out last night though. Hope to get my winter bike finished this week.

Jason
Salsa Crew

Oops....I was logged in as Salsa.

Attachments

·
Self-defeatist
965 Posts
I know, wrong forum...but I love photo Phridays!

I've already gotten some mileage from these photos, but here they are. A near soaking...

...and a bike portrait.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Guitar Ted said:
It'll be awhile before I can see dirt again! :D
I like how you said "see dirt again" and not "ride again"... thats the spirit... wow sub zero and 40 mph winds, i think i'd be on the sofa next to the fire with the dog.

As for my winter, I was all pumped up to fight the cold and ride all winter but am currently sidelined with a very sore knee from overdoing it a little a few weeks ago. I'm off the bike til january... :(

My new SB8 front tire... just in time for wet weather. :rolleyes:

That's all I've got new this week.

·
Holy Land Rider.
111 Posts
some of my picts

me and a friend of mine, riding in a big event in the dead sea area.
IMOH it is the best view israel has to offer, but then again there is also the northern area.
but me.... i like the desert.
hot and sweaty, yeah baby!
:)
P.S.
i am the one with the red X-Cal.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello from Russia

Moscow, Kuskovo park.

It is clean in Russia roads when:
1. All the mud is frozen.
2. All the mud dried out.
Now it's the first case.

of course it's not about asphalt roads.

My custom titanium 29-er

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Salsa Cycles said:
Rough week of riding up here. I haven't fully embraced the cold and snow yet. Dug all my stuff out last night though. Hope to get my winter bike finished this week.

Jason
Salsa Crew

Oops....I was logged in as Salsa.
I may be late to the party, more details about the Salsa fat bike please....

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
first ride on the pumpkin, kinda monstercross kinda commuter right now. funfunfun

specs in "post your commuter" thread, info RE tires/wheels in the "I beg you more monstercross" thread

Attachments

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
I played hooky this Wed to take Mikesee and his pals on a little tour of my backyard trails at South Mountain .... With Scott up from Tuscon, this was a 4-Lenz ride! I was in good company :p

Attachments

·
R.I.P. DogFriend
6,891 Posts
SoCal Sufferage.

Living and riding in SoCal has it's plusses and minuses. Days like yesterday, filled with 'hero dirt' (a few days after rain when traction is superb but not so wet that your bike get's muddy), are among the plusses.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No Fat Bike

Fat Bob said:
I may be late to the party, more details about the Salsa fat bike please....
I can see why my post may have been misunderstood. No fat bike. Sorry. Just a prototype of a fat fork for an El Mariachi.

Jason
Salsa Crew

·
WNC Native
3,910 Posts
Salsa Cycles said:
I can see why my post may have been misunderstood. No fat bike. Sorry. Just a prototype of a fat fork for an El Mariachi.

Jason
Salsa Crew
Hmmm, Interesting!!:thumbsup:

·
I'm attracted to Gravity!
598 Posts

Really cold here in Lake City once the sun goes down, at least for not being Alaska.
The last two nights riding I had on DIY mittens (primaloft back, 2 layers of fleece palm, shelled) inside my DIY pogies (liner nylon, 2 layers fleece, dyneema gridstop) and my hands were still freezing.... sheesh. In this pic my beard is frozen into the windcoat.
This afternoon I will attempt to ride some trails since the snow has settled a bit......

1 - 20 of 76 Posts