Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
This place needs an enema
16,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your mission? Find out how many different kinds of fun can you cram into the next three days.

Huh, wonder where that creak is comin' from...?

Ready?

Set!

...go?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I wish I was there :) Great pictures!! Thanks for sharing

·
Occasionally engaged…
1,760 Posts
Enjoyed a 4 day rapture weekend in Columbia River Gorge and Oregon coastal mountains.
If I could pick one of these posted rides to do this summer, I think this would be it. Except for the snakes... I hate snakes...

·
Ovaries on the Outside
4,425 Posts
****ing mods deleted my first comment, so...

Great photos and I hope to have one adventure as photogenic as yours.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Chimay and Duvel, 2 of my favorites good taste Mr F! Looks like good times I have to come party with u guys somtime fosho!!

·
Trail Junkie
2,210 Posts
NICE!! You got my the good Abbey/Trappist beers right in the middle! My favorite is Affligem Tripel, with Chimay Bleue in a very very close second! I still have a half a case of Affligem (750ml's) at home. Chimay Rouge is very good too! :) Looks like its going to be a very good Memorial Day weekend!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Your mission? Find out how many different kinds of fun can you cram into the next three days....
Ready?

Set!

...go?
Mike,
Great photos! Is that a picture from the "Holy Cross" trail in the lunch loops (Third photo up from the air hockey shot)? I rode there two weeks ago on my XXl Superfly 100 and I was really wishing for a non plastic bike with more travel. I have been thinking about building a play bike and have been thinking about either a Lenz Behemoth or a RIP9 with a 140mm fork. Any thoughts on either one of these bikes? I live in the front range and can get by with an XC bike, but I really want a bigger bike for places like Fruita, GJ and Moab.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,126 Posts
Chimay and Duvel, 2 of my favorites good taste Mr F! Looks like good times I have to come party with u guys somtime fosho!!
What color Chimay do you like? You need to try them all and decide. This will determine your path into Belgian.

Some folks ask me to recommend the best belgian beer. I ask them what color Chimay they like.

Case 1: No haven't tried Chimay or any Belgian.
Me: Go try the three colors. 50 degrees, big glass. Tell me what you like.

Case 2: I tried Chimay and meh. Sucks.
Me: I have no recommendation for you since you're not going to appreciate anything.

It's similar to IPA. Folks want to try the best IPA in the world. I ask if they like IPA at all if they've tried Lagunitas IPA. If they do, then we'll talk. Otherwise, they ain't gonna like any.

fc

p.s. I've only been into beer for 6 months :)

·
Mtbr Founder
35,126 Posts
NICE!! You got my the good Abbey/Trappist beers right in the middle! My favorite is Affligem Tripel, with Chimay Bleue in a very very close second! I still have a half a case of Affligem (750ml's) at home. Chimay Rouge is very good too! :) Looks like its going to be a very good Memorial Day weekend!
Thanks man. I'm a big IPA guy but Belgian is truly the king. Affligem and Rochefort are winning right now!

fc

·
Trail Junkie
2,210 Posts
I lived in Belgium for 4yrs, and another 2 in Germany while in the military. I have tried them all! Bleue is still my favorite. I have actually been to the Chimay Chateau..very fun experienced! I think I have been to atleast 40 breweries in Belgium..there is probably over 200 there. They some really good beers there! I really should say Europe as a whole does.

·
Banned
7,930 Posts
What color Chimay do you like? You need to try them all and decide. This will determine your path into Belgian.

Some folks ask me to recommend the best belgian beer. I ask them what color Chimay they like.

Case 1: No haven't tried Chimay or any Belgian.
Me: Go try the three colors. 50 degrees, big glass. Tell me what you like.

Case 2: I tried Chimay and meh. Sucks.
Me: I have no recommendation for you since you're not going to appreciate anything.

It's similar to IPA. Folks want to try the best IPA in the world. I ask if they like IPA at all if they've tried Lagunitas IPA. If they do, then we'll talk. Otherwise, they ain't gonna like any.

fc

p.s. I've only been into beer for 6 months :)
Move along, nothing to see here, just the owner hijacking a thread. :thumbsup:

Had a couple IPA's that have really stood out on my taste buds, Anderson Valley OtterHoppin and one that's not PG13 friendly with the mods but starts with Arrogant and ends with azz turd. :D I don't need a 3 day weekend to sample IPA's though.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,126 Posts
Move along, nothing to see here, just the owner hijacking a thread. :thumbsup:

Had a couple IPA's that have really stood out on my taste buds, Anderson Valley OtterHoppin and one that's not PG13 friendly with the mods but starts with Arrogant and ends with azz turd. :D I don't need a 3 day weekend to sample IPA's though.
Hey, I had good variety in the last two weeks!
Wednesday:
Sierra Road, San Jose CA

Sunday - Sedona, AZ

Wednesday - Skeggs, Woodside CA

Thursday - Saratoga Gap, Saratoga, CA

1 - 19 of 19 Posts