Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
41 - 60 of 122 Posts
Fillet-brazed said:
Yep, the legendary Ground Control S. Awesome front tire back in the day. Send them all to Rumpfy (and we'll split them up accordingly). ;)
I also liked that tire in the front, with a Ground Control Extreme in the rear. I remember being able to ride on anything with that combo. That was back when I was riding a full rigid 89 Stumpjumper. These days I need Black Chili and 5.5" of full suspension travel for the bike paths. :rolleyes:

BitterDave said:
I also liked that tire in the front, with a Ground Control Extreme in the rear. I remember being able to ride on anything with that combo. That was back when I was riding a full rigid 89 Stumpjumper. These days I need Black Chili and 5.5" of full suspension travel for the bike paths. :rolleyes:
Thats my favorite tire combo now!

Unless I can get my hands on a truck load of these:

Discussion starter · #47 ·
jrm said:
the WTB Wolverines been a nice front tire.
That's a horrible tire. They have no cornering nobs what so ever. The dissent 2.5's are great tires.

iheartbicycles said:
That's a horrible tire. They have no cornering nobs what so ever. The dissent 2.5's are great tires.
Actually its a great rear tire. In fact Mark Weir won the DH Downieville race on these front and rear if that gives you any idea. The Dissent 2.5 is a big, heavy downhill specific tire :skep:

Yeah its a "job killer" tire

iheartbicycles said:
IF your thinking dissent the 2.35 kenda blue groove or pana rampage come to mind. I like the 2.35 nev up front b/c its trractor like allowing you to the back of rocks and logs with grip but they roll like ****.

Discussion starter · #54 ·
Yody said:
Actually its a great rear tire. In fact Mark Weir won the DH Downieville race on these front and rear if that gives you any idea. The Dissent 2.5 is a big, heavy downhill specific tire :skep:
Yody - telling me what pro's ride on their bikes doesn't make sense.

When Mark Weir raced DH (as opposed to super d) he would run Nanoraptors for his rear tire.

Are you going to run a Nanoraptor in DH races just because Mark Weir does?

Just how far does your hero worship go, Yody?

Steve Peat runs bald rear tires with 44PSI - are you going to do that, too?

Maybe you should only run 3 bolts in your 6 bolt brake rotor, cause that's what some pro's do.

Stick with what you know. And if you don't know anything, just say that. I don't give a rats ass what Mark Weir does.

Discussion starter · #55 ·
JMac47 said:
Where's the pic of my tire? :skep: Show him the knobs, SHOW HIM THE KNOBS! :cool:
I have the tires in my garage and will post a pic in a minute. The few cornering knobs these tires have are angled and unsupported, with huge gaps in between. It's not a tire you can rely on in a drift.

If you don't ride such that you're borderline drifting corners, you may not notice - but I can't trust these tires.

iheartbicycles said:
Yody - telling me what pro's ride on their bikes doesn't make sense.

When Mark Weir raced DH (as opposed to super d) he would run Nanoraptors for his rear tire.

Are you going to run a Nanoraptor in DH races just because Mark Weir does?

Just how far does your hero worship go, Yody?

Steve Peat runs bald rear tires with 44PSI - are you going to do that, too?

Maybe you should only run 3 bolts in your 6 bolt brake rotor, cause that's what some pro's do.

Stick with what you know. And if you don't know anything, just say that. I don't give a rats ass what Mark Weir does.
Nice projection there buddy. I mentioned one thing about Mark Weir and a tire he runs and you go off an entire RANT. Maybe Mark Weir had relations with your ol lady and you're still upset about it, I dunno? I don't give a flying rats ass about him but when some SQUID on the internet comes off saying that "these tires are too heavy" "these tires don't corner" I'm going to have to point out the logic in that maybe its not the tire and its the RIDER. If you ride in the east bay and can't manage to push a 900 gram tire, and can't corner on a superb tire, and need a dissent 2.5 downhill tire just to manage normal single track without falling off a cliff then maybe you should brush up on your skills and stop spreading bad information about products you're not good enough to take advantage of. :nono:

The fact is Wolverine tires are perfect for drifting, just shows how much you know, the spiny knobs dig in and will flex, while holding and holding. As they start to break loose you can feel the drift progressively, while the tire continues to try and dig in for traction. Similar to the Weirwolf tire that is too heavy for your scrawny legs.

I happen to be running both the Weirwolf and Wolverine TCS tires on my bike as we speak so I think I might have some insight compared to you, who obviously does not have any direct, long term experience with either.

At the end, in a way you make a good point. These might be intermediate to advanced tires, a typical squid might not be able to take advantage of what they have to offer, and instantly brush them off as crap.

Discussion starter · #57 ·
Yody said:
Nice projection there buddy. I mentioned one thing about Mark Weir and a tire he runs and you go off an entire RANT. I don't give a flying rats ass about him but when some SQUID on the internet comes off saying that "these tires are too heavy" "these tires don't corner" I'm going to have to point out the logic in that maybe its not the tire and its the RIDER. If you ride in the east bay and can't manage to push a 900 gram tire, and can't corner on a superb tire, and need a dissent 2.5 just to manage normal single track without falling off a cliff then maybe you should brush up on your skills and stop spreading bad information about products you're not good enough to take advantage of. :nono:
You're funny, Yody. I'll need to look up "squid" in the dictionary of childish terms. Or maybe I should ask my wife's 4th graders?

It is no coincedence that when I raced on the wolverines this last year my best finish was only 13th, while the weirwolves and small block 8's got me a 2nd place and 5th place.

This is highly scientific shti right here.

I like how you're making this all personal and stuff. I hope to see you in the east bay hills, soon. I would be glad to show you a fabulous cliff side trail!:thumbsup:

Discussion starter · #58 ·
Yody said:
Nice projection there buddy. I mentioned one thing about Mark Weir and a tire he runs and you go off an entire RANT. Maybe Mark Weir had relations with your ol lady and you're still upset about it, I dunno? I don't give a flying rats ass about him but when some SQUID on the internet comes off saying that "these tires are too heavy" "these tires don't corner" I'm going to have to point out the logic in that maybe its not the tire and its the RIDER. If you ride in the east bay and can't manage to push a 900 gram tire, and can't corner on a superb tire, and need a dissent 2.5 downhill tire just to manage normal single track without falling off a cliff then maybe you should brush up on your skills and stop spreading bad information about products you're not good enough to take advantage of. :nono:

The fact is Wolverine tires are perfect for drifting, just shows how much you know, the spiny knobs dig in and will flex, while holding and holding. As they start to break loose you can feel the drift progressively, while the tire continues to try and dig in for traction. Similar to the Weirwolf tire that is too heavy for your scrawny legs.

I happen to be running both the Weirwolf and Wolverine TCS tires on my bike as we speak so I think I might have some insight compared to you, who obviously does not have any direct, long term experience with either.

At the end, in a way you make a good point. These might be intermediate to advanced tires, a typical squid might not be able to take advantage of what they have to offer, and instantly brush them off as crap.
Nice edit to add.

I used to work with Mark Weir at WTB. I have weirwolves, wolverines and dissents on my bikes today, as we speak.

Don't believe everything that you think.

iheartbicycles said:
You're funny, Yody. I'll need to look up "squid" in the dictionary of childish terms. Or maybe I should ask my wife's 4th graders?

It is no coincedence that when I raced on the wolverines this last year my best finish was only 13th, while the weirwolves and small block 8's got me a 2nd place and 5th place.

This is highly scientific shti right here.

I like how you're making this all personal and stuff. I hope to see you in the east bay hill, soon. I would be glad to show you a fabulous cliff side trail!:thumbsup:
Ironic, weren't you a huge supporter against that UC weirdo who attacked you? Didn't you go sit in on all the court hearings?

Yet now you're threatening to push me off a cliff on the trail?

Good luck with that.

I'm done with you and your squid tire post (yeah go look it up squid) I don't care what tires you have or how many times you sucked off Mark Weir at WTB and are still mad about the eye shot. You went off on a rant and then threatened to push me off a cliff. I don't give a shyt who you are or if this is the internet. I'm not hard to find.

Done

Discussion starter · #60 ·
Yody said:
Ironic, weren't you a huge supporter against that UC weirdo who attacked you? Didn't you go sit in on all the court hearings?

Yet now you're threatening to push me off a cliff on the trail?

Good luck with that.

I'm done with you and your squid tire post (yeah go look it up squid) I don't care what tires you have or how many times you sucked off Mark Weir at WTB and are still mad about the eye shot. You went off on a rant and then threatened to push me off a cliff. I don't give a shyt who you are or if this is the internet. I'm not hard to find.

Done
I'm glad you're done. You took what was an otherwise fine thread and turned it into a personal attack.

You don't know me, yet you accosted me personally. You suggested I don't have the skill set to provide good reviews on tires and said I am spreading bad information.

You went so far as to suggest my lack of skill was responsible for a bad crash earlier in the year when I fell off a cliff.

This is all really in poor taste.

You should go ride your bike and come back when you're thinking more clearly.

If you're not capable of clear headed thinking, without the personal attacks, maybe don't come back at all.

41 - 60 of 122 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.