Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
hankthespacecowboy said:
My roommate and I are thinking of a trip to Phoneix/Flagstaff/ABQ/Durango in the next week or so. How are the trails in Phoneix and Flagstaff?
If you are talking "trail conditions", that is not really an issue in Phoenix. The trails are good year round. Flagstaff is another story. I don't really know what the trails are like right now. However, I hear from others they are still in good shape. There has been little rain up there. Still, wait to hear from Jayem or other "Northerners".

If you are talking "good rides", then check out the sticky in this forum. Also, the National Trail in Phoenix is one of the best rides in the world. Period.

If you want to know if it will be worth the effort to come and ride out here, the answer is YES. We have great riding in Arizona.

·
viva la v-brakes!
2,440 Posts
The trails here in Flag are still eerily dry and rideable. One rain/snow storm will change that. It's tough to say if that will happen in the next few weeks, but everyone is hoping it will so our ski hill can open up.

Anyway, it will be chilly here, not the place I would choose to go riding around Christmas time (and yet I am contemplating a trip to Moab over New Year's weekend). Stick to Sedona and Phoenix, there's more then enough riding between those two areas for a couple weeks of fun, and it'll be a bit warmer.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,801 Posts
I rode in williams yesterday, up and over the mountain. Basically the same elevation ranges as Mt Elden in flag, and it was fine, temperature not too chilly, no ice anywhere, great trail conditions.

It's impossible to say how long this will last. We have a very weak front passing through now, and don't really expect any accumulations. There's a "better chance" of a storm late this week according to the weather guys, but all it takes is one storm to close down the flagstaff area and turn it into a frozen mess, and from then on it's really not worth trying to ride, and after that they (usually) get enough accumulation to make riding impossible.

In prescott we have year round riding. The snow never accumulates enough around here to shut it down, and while there are some high spots that stay icy and hold snow, the majority of the trails are fine. The only time we can't ride is "during" a snow storm, but that's kind of a personal choice, and I've gone out riding here during such conditions and liked it just the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.