Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Marin in the early summer of '97 and I distinctly remember seeing some WTB frames displayed in a local shop (one red and one white), and the folks from that shop convinced me to make the phoenix my next frame purchase; and what did I buy later the following year? A Superlight. I curse myself almost everyday for that. Not to mention the fact that there is a sweet Ti Phoenix on Ebay right now and I assume it will sell for way more than I could hope to afford. Anyone else woth a sob story?

·
Registered
224 Posts
yep

about 1999 i got a show demo Phoenix steel frame from WTB direct (for like $300), it had been built up for interbike, then taken apart, never ridden. I built it up with all the WTB parts i could, and rounded it out with XTR stuff and a Manitou Carbon XC fork. Was a beautiful bike, rode awesome the maybe 10 times I rode it. Then I sold it about a year and a half ago, in pristine nearly new condition, for about a grand. what a dumbass......

·
I'm just messing with you
5,423 Posts
Anyone else woth a sob story
Not my sob story, the other guy's - I bought my Phoenix from a guy that had bought it for his EX-girlfriend. :)

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
I sold my NOS Phoenix with no regrets.

Look at it this way....A NOS Type II fork...$400+ bucks. You want toggle cams front and rear to go with it? That's another $800+. The parts are too valuable and expensive to make it a daily beater. I'm not saying I wouldn't flog it...but those number add up quick.

Don't feel too bad. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.