Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a conference at the JW Marriott during the week of Aug 22-26 and would like to maybe get a ride one of those early mornings or evenings. Probably an evening during the week.
Ideas on where to hook up with a bike would be really appreciated. I'm thinking Titus (since I have the SB alread). Can you say upgraditis?
Also would love a tour guide. I came down for the AZSF and had a blast. Maybe something for a few hours of fun and frolic in the dessert?

Werner

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hey, Werner

Based on where you are staying, and being efficient with your time, rent/borrow a bike from TommyO Bikes, no more than 10 minutes from your hotel, and ride with me/us at Pima & Dynamite, which is also in the neighborhood. It's not technical, but it's a real fun singletrack area the Fling always skips because its "easy" despite being scenic and fun. For a more FP/JFR/WG trail mix (i.e., billy goating), bring your lights and join the group that does the TNR (Tuesday Night Ride) from Dreamy Draw or 40th Street in the Trail 100 domain. That would fall on the 24th, right in your schedule.

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm leaning towards what PedalAZ mentioned. Haven't ridden either spot so new is good. I don't think I'd feel comfortable on the real techy stuff on an unfamiliar bike. I had enough issues surviving (read simply completing) the A ride at AZSF this year. Don't have lights so a night ride would be, ummm, challenging.
Hopefully I can set up a bike either through Titus or one of the other spots I had mentioned to me.

Werner

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heh heh heh
Still one of my favorite memories.

Werner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.