Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

My wife is going to a computer conference in Phoenix at the end of the month so I've got a couple of free days to do whatever I want.

What I REALLY want to do is go ride the South Mountain or some of the other great stuff I've heard about down there.

Here's my situation...I'm 26 from Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada and I'm flying down there so bringing my full-squish MTB really isn't an option.

What I'm looking for is someone in the phoenix area who might be interested in helping out a fellow biker :) I need to borrow or rent a medium-sized bike for the day and, ideally, find someone who might be willing to pick me up at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort in Phoenix. For an early morning ride on Tuesday, Aug. 31 and/or Wednesday Sept. 1.

I'd be more than happy to cover gas expenses and buy someone lunch after the ride.

As for the ride location, I'm pretty open to anything. I ride very technical XC trails up here but often mix in some light DH stuff too. I love tight singletrack or whatever I can find.

And the more the merrier so if anyone wants to arrange an early-morning group ride or something, that's awesome too! I'll bring my own clothes, shoes, pedals, helmet, gloves and lights (if necessary) so I just need a bike, a ride and a tour guide :)

Cheers!
Dan Dakin
Niagara Falls, Ontario

·
Registered
153 Posts
ddakin said:
Hi everyone!

My wife is going to a computer conference in Phoenix at the end of the month so I've got a couple of free days to do whatever I want.

What I REALLY want to do is go ride the South Mountain or some of the other great stuff I've heard about down there.

Here's my situation...I'm 26 from Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada and I'm flying down there so bringing my full-squish MTB really isn't an option.

What I'm looking for is someone in the phoenix area who might be interested in helping out a fellow biker :) I need to borrow or rent a medium-sized bike for the day and, ideally, find someone who might be willing to pick me up at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort in Phoenix. For an early morning ride on Tuesday, Aug. 31 and/or Wednesday Sept. 1.

I'd be more than happy to cover gas expenses and buy someone lunch after the ride.

As for the ride location, I'm pretty open to anything. I ride very technical XC trails up here but often mix in some light DH stuff too. I love tight singletrack or whatever I can find.

And the more the merrier so if anyone wants to arrange an early-morning group ride or something, that's awesome too! I'll bring my own clothes, shoes, pedals, helmet, gloves and lights (if necessary) so I just need a bike, a ride and a tour guide :)

Cheers!
Dan Dakin
Niagara Falls, Ontario

We do all that...and then some. :D

I would be happy to show you south...I've taken taken quite a few of you canadians on that mountain ;) and it always pleases. Hit us up and we'll ride!

Michael
www.cactusbike.com

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet! I've actually arranged to pick up a bike from Titus on the Monday and I'm going to have a rental car now, so I could probably meet you somewhere Tuesday morning (Aug. 31)

I've also got time to ride Monday night, so if there's a good spot to go then, I wouldn't mind going for 2 rides.

Let me know what time and where we should meet.

Cheers,
Dan

monk said:
We do all that...and then some. :D

I would be happy to show you south...I've taken taken quite a few of you canadians on that mountain ;) and it always pleases. Hit us up and we'll ride!

Michael
www.cactusbike.com

·
Registered
153 Posts
ddakin said:
Sweet! I've actually arranged to pick up a bike from Titus on the Monday and I'm going to have a rental car now, so I could probably meet you somewhere Tuesday morning (Aug. 31)

I've also got time to ride Monday night, so if there's a good spot to go then, I wouldn't mind going for 2 rides.

Cheers,
Dan
sweet...what bike did you get from Titus??

shoot me an email when you get here and we'll try to hook up.

Michael Bennett
www.cactusbike.com
480.940.RIDE

·
I think I need to Upgrade
1,620 Posts
ddakin said:

Cheers,
Dan

I have to work on Tuesday but I would be down for a night ride on Monday shoot me an email and we can work out the details [email protected].

Ride hard die free!
Brian

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a Racer-X from Titus and I'm picking it up after arriving in Phoenix around 2 on Monday (Aug. 30).

Speedfreek, I'd love to ride Monday night. What time is a good time to ride at night there and where do you recommend we ride? Should I bring my lights down?

Cheers,
Dan

AzSpeedfreek said:
I have to work on Tuesday but I would be down for a night ride on Monday shoot me an email and we can work out the details [email protected].

Ride hard die free!
Brian

·
I think I need to Upgrade
1,620 Posts
ddakin said:
I got a Racer-X from Titus and I'm picking it up after arriving in Phoenix around 2 on Monday (Aug. 30).

Speedfreek, I'd love to ride Monday night. What time is a good time to ride at night there and where do you recommend we ride? Should I bring my lights down?

Cheers,
Dan

Definately bring your lights, probably the best time to ride will be about 7 or 8, depending on the temp., I have never ridden at night on the trail but that is no big deal I don't need daylight to crash :), as far as where to meet, I will probably have you meet me at the grocery store by where I live and ride up to the trail (South Mountain).

Ride hard die free!
Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts