Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
oooooooh....NICE !!!

Guess that's what you replaced the Dare with?

I can hardly wait to get one of them myself and stop abusing my ID....I'm still putting it through stuff it wasn't meant for....on nearly every ride my kids tell me..."Dad! you have to get a VPF, you're gonna break that thing!!!" To which I ask them if they'd like to donate their allowance to help me save up for it...surprisingly this is met with hand wringin' and mubling.....hehehe :p

Nice ride PJ...

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Hmmm.

gregg said:
lucky bastid....
Looks like he shoulda spent his $$ buying furniture for the office.

Wonder how he's gonna tack that to the wall w/ MTBR stickers. No wonder we ran out of stickers so quick at Sea Otter. :rolleyes:

Does this mean we'll actually get to ride with him?

Schweeet.

fp

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
I'm very curious to read your review of it!

You need to compare it to the Dare for us. Under what conditions does a VPP bike feel better than a 4 bar? Where is a 4 bar superior? I was all convinced I needed a new 5 Spot until seeing the new medium travel VPP from Santa Cruz...

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
I'd guess the equivalent to the 5 Spot is the Blur LT, and the 6 Spot is equivalent to the Nomad, considering travel and frame purpose.

Lovin' my regular Blur.
Would like to replace the Bullit with a VP Free or Nomad, but lack of $$$...

BTW, will you be at the FFTF? It would be great to finally meet you.

·
Fartographer
1,847 Posts
Me, too

kristian said:
You need to compare it to the Dare for us.
I'm curious, too. I saw one guy on the DH board who bought a VPP bike and then sold it went back to a 4-bar. Weir told me it took him a few weeks to understand it when he switched from the Dare. But once it clicked, he loved it. My experience so far, with big bikes, is that I prefer linked single pivots for real DH. But I like 4-bar bikes best when there is real climbing to be done. This isn't either one, so it will be interesting. I think it will be great for stuff like I did with you and Bill. In fact, it's about goddamn time I do that ride again. You know I have a chick in CO now, right?

I'll definitely post something on the DH board, when I've had a chance to get to know the bike.

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
CraigH said:
I'd guess the equivalent to the 5 Spot is the Blur LT, and the 6 Spot is equivalent to the Nomad, considering travel and frame purpose.

Lovin' my regular Blur.
Would like to replace the Bullit with a VP Free or Nomad, but lack of $$$...

BTW, will you be at the FFTF? It would be great to finally meet you.
Until seeing the LT Blur and the Nomad, I was considering the X5, the 5 Spot and the 6 Pack but now I'm really looking at all 5 of those. I want something between 5 and 6 inches of travel front and rear, coil shocks (which might limit the SC options) and sub 35 pounds (with DH tires and tubes). Since I probably won't be buying until next spring, I'm sure there will be even MORE choices by then...

Unfortunately, I will not be at the FFTF this year--I have a huge project at work with deliverables due pretty much every day that week. Of course you guys all pick THIS year as the year to make it out here...I'm bummed I won't get to meet you!

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
I did not know that

Photo-John said:
I think it will be great for stuff like I did with you and Bill. In fact, it's about goddamn time I do that ride again. You know I have a chick in CO now, right?
Where abouts in CO? And when are you coming out to visit her? I'm guessing the shuttle runs will be snow-free in 3.5 weeks, but the park is much more photogenic and the riding there is great at the moment.

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
What about either weekend? Expect to get there sometime on Sat. the 30th, probably late. Leaving probably early on Mon. the 9th.

SC Nomad looks like it will be available with a coil shock, check the SC board for photos. Not sure about the Blur LT, maybe check with Scott @ SC?

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
CraigH said:
What about either weekend? Expect to get there sometime on Sat. the 30th, probably late. Leaving probably early on Mon. the 9th.
I'm presenting a first view of my project to the Executive Leadership Team on Monday the 2nd and large portions of it are due to finance on Monday the 9th. Given my track record coming home from the FFTF (car problems 2 years running), I'm way too paranoid to chance it--the project is our 3 year strategic plan and getting it in on time is very important to my continued employment...

I guess that means I need to get my lazy a$$ up to Vancouver!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.